I always get into a holiday mood right after October. I take the Halloween decorations down Nov 1 and put up my tree. I start humming the Christmas songs and thinking of all the good holiday food I am going to create. I wanted to be creative and do something with chicken I haven’t done before. Gold’n Plump® provided me with a variety of their products to try, so using the 95/5 ground chicken I invented the Holiday Chicken Loaf!
Gold’n Plump is part of GNP Company, dedicated to healthy food, families, and farms since 1926. The brand’s good chicken mission centers on being truly all-natural, highly trimmed and free of unwanted solution, skin and parts. Every time I think about the other brands that don’t provide the same quality of products, I cringe. What thrills me even more about Gold’n Plump is their mission.
There’s the golden rule. Then there’s the Gold’n Plump rule: Our chickens are raised the right way, by family farmers. They’re given the best care, fresh, filtered water, and locally sourced nutritious feed.
Gold’n Plump even has the “Mom Squad,” a group of ladies known as the destroyers of bad chicken, protectors of good chicken and aficionados of mini van culture. You can learn more about Valerie, Nika and Rachel, and how they identify good chicken versus bad chicken, on the Mom Squad page.
You can find just the chicken you are looking for when you shop Gold’n Plump®. Their selection includes boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets and thighs; drumsticks; stir fry pieces; tenders; a few lean ground chicken varieties like the one I used; chicken sausage; and whole chickens in the bag for an easy meal. You can learn more about Gold’n Plump by visiting their website and keep up with the latest by joining their eClub and following them on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Now, for the recipe for the Holiday Chicken Loaf!
- 1 package of 95/5 Gold'n Plump® Ground Chicken
- ¼ t cinnamon
- ¼ t ground ginger
- ⅛ t pumpkin spice
- 1 can cranberry sauce
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 small container of ricotta
- ½ bag baby spinach
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 Panko bread crumbs divided
- Combine 1 cup of Panko with the Gold'n Plump® Ground Chicken and spices in a bowl
- Pour mixture out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and spread the mixture to the edges about ½ inch thick.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta and ¼ cup cranberries, set aside
- In another separate bowl combine the remaining panko and the cheddar cheese, set aside and reserve ¼ cup for the topping
- Place the spinach leaves on the flattened chicken mixture
- Layer with the ricotta cheese mixture, the panko mixture, and spoonful of cranberry in the center
- Tucking in the edges as you go, roll up the chicken roll sealing everything inside. I left about a ½ inch margin on either side to make sure I could seal it shut after rolling.
- Once you have the chicken rolled up, seal the edges so the juices will stay inside
- Top with the remaining cheese and panko mixture
- Bake until the internal temperature reads 135 degrees in a 450 degree oven. (about 30 minutes)
What do you like to do around the holidays? Are there any special meals you like to create?