Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and what better way to get in the mood than to decorate your home! This great shabby chic Valentine’s Day wreath is a great way to add some amazing personal touches to your home. The best part is most of the supplies you probably already have around your house! If not, the items are really easy to pick up at a local yard sale or two!
Homemade Valentines Day Wreath
To make this unique wreath here’s what you need:
- Grapevine wreath (varies in size)
- Antique Skeleton keys (check out estate sales to find these)
- Craft Glue
- Cutterbee Paper Scissors
- Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun
- Make sure that your grapevine is clean and free from stragglers (random strings, leaves, etc), and set aside.
- Find a box in your home, and tear off a small piece of cardboard. Draw a large heart shape and cut it out (cut two). Set Aside
- Trace smaller hearts on the poster board and cut out approximately 14 heart shapes.
- Look through your favorite magazines, and find pages that have great Valentine’s colors and/or patterns. Pull the pages from the magazine. (Make sure you don’t want to read what’s on the back first though ;))
- Take your poster board hearts, and place them over the magazine pages. Hold the hearts in place and cut around the heart. Cut out approximately 14 hearts from the magazine.
- Use your craft glue to glue one heart to the front of the poster board hearts.
- Cut twine of various lengths (cut 11 strands). If the twine is thick, make sure to unwind it to only 1-2 strands so it is easier to work with.
- Hot glue them to the back of the 7 posterboard hearts. Set 4 leftover strands aside.
- Grab the other 7 hearts, and hot glue them to the other 7 hearts that have the twine attached. (You should end up with a heart that has twine in the middle and a heart on either side)
- Tie your hearts to your wreath through the grapevine, making sure to leave enough room to attach the keys.
- With your large cardboard hearts, cover them in hot glue. Cover little areas at a time, and immediately cover with moss until completely covered.
- Around the top edge of the heart, place a line of hot glue. Lay twine on top of the hot glue and press to make sure it’s secure. Repeat this on both hearts.
- At the bottom of your wreath, using hot glue, attach your two moss hearts.
- Take your leftover twine, and tie one end to the key and the other end attaching it to the wreath.
- Feel free to add more hearts, less hearts, or other great objects to make your wreath look spectacular. This wreath is really easy to take apart so don’t fret it you don’t like how it looks right off. Just take the parts off and rearrange!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Love this craft? Make sure to check out more like it at Crunchy FrugalistaDo not forget to enter the rest of the current Sweepstakes