This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Scandinavian Tobacco Group, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #havanahoneys http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV. Poker games are everywhere! Low games, high games, loose games, and tight games. Someone somewhere wants to give you their money. Are you ready to take it? How ever will you spend your new found loot? Maybe you can fix the hole in the side of the house, or one of your broken boat motors. Perhaps you can take a trip to the sunny beaches of Guatemala or the snowy peaks in the Swiss alps.
If you are having a tough time finding the right game, stay cool little kitten and take my advice. Start your own game! It’s easy, fun, profitable, and as legal as making a few quarts of homemade white lightning. Home games are a great way to keep up with old friends and meet some new ones. Hopefully they have plenty of extra cash. What else do you have going on a Thursday night?
What Makes A Poker Party A Big Hit?
- Make sure you have the right elements for the game: Let’s not kid around. This game is for serious card players only. Get yourself a felt table overlay, a slick deck of Bicycle playing cards, and a stack of chips that leaves a long shadow down the hall. Make it look as fancy as possible. [quote cite=’Doc Holiday’ align=’right’]Poker is not really gambling. Only suckers play against the house.[/quote]
- Provide something to wet the whistle: I know sometimes you can be a real cheapo and have a BYOB party, but this is not one of those times. Smooth-as-silk card sharks will expect some flavored beer or a rocks glass filled with medium priced scotch. You’ll be glad you did. When it comes to snacks, think chips and finger sandwiches. Make some chicken or tuna salad or lay out some tiny pieces of ham or roast beef. And remember to make them “finger” sandwiches. Everyone loves a slider!
- Have a celebratory smoke on hand for the big win: Now don’t give me that sour face and start squawking about vapes and diet cigarettes. This is a real poker game and only the very best tobacco leaf will do. You might enjoy the great flavor of Havana Honeys cigars. Have a couple packs sitting by the table and be ready to reenact the poker scene from the Odd Couple. Havana Honeys cigars are the perfect go-to item for gifts, fun nights with family and friends, football games, or just a relaxing walk on the beach. It heralds back to a simpler time when long legged ladies and salty dogs sat on the powder beaches of Old Havana.
- Know how to hide your tells: Watch the eyes for they are the windows to the soul. Know that your opponents are watching your eyes so be aware of involuntary ticks and glances. They may be all your opponent needs to scoop up your chips. If everything else fails, try hiding your eyes with a pair of sunglasses or a hockey mask.
- Make sure you know how to play the game: Contrary to public opinion, everyone does NOT win at the Belagio. How do you think they can afford those super cool fountains? Someone is going to lose hard and be in the hole for more than the mortgage or tuition. Also, don’t be afraid to mix up the games.