Welcome to week #3 of my #MushroomMakover 30-Day Challenge. I am taking part of this fantastic health, body and mind makeover, sponsored by Mamavation and The Mushroom Council (AD). I cannot believe it has already been 3 weeks since I started this amazing challenge. I have seen positive changes in how I feel as well as how I look and I love it! I am able to walk a mile without being winded and I can bend at the waist and almost touch the floor which I have not been able to do in years! I have lost just under 4 pounds and my clothes are now fitting loser than they did 3 weeks ago. I am almost able to wear a pair of pants I have not been able to button in almost 2 years. I am also surprised at how easily I was able to adapt the 30-day challenge into my life. Loving mushrooms made the addition and replacement of them into 4 meals each week a breeze. The encouragement from the other ladies in the group along with that of one of our mentors, Corinne Dobbas, MS, RD, has been amazing.
With the support, recipe ideas and tips to ease us into a healthier lifestyle, this process has been much more positive and uplifting than I imagined it could be. The workout routine from Mark aka Mr. Bambookie has been extremely challenging! For someone who spent most of the past 12 months in a castm a sling and then recovering from surgery and 3 hospital stays, I have not been exercising at all. This was for sure a tough one for me to get back into the swing of. We have a great schedule where we burn it, build it, work on our core and more. You should take a look at Mark’s routine for us for yourself!
I have had some delicious meals this week and here is what I shared with everyone on Instagram!
Lean Grain Fed Beef Burgers With Garlic and Sesame Mushrooms
Grilled Chicken Thighs and Whole Wheat Tortellini With Fat Free Alfredo and Mushrooms
Veggie Pizza With Baby Portobello Mushrooms
Portobello, Artichoke and Sundried Tomatoes on Wheat Bread Sandwich
- 6 cups chicken stock
- ¼ lb thinly sliced lean pork or chicken
- 2 tbs garlic and red chile paste
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- ¾ tsp ground pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 5 ts cornbstarch
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
- 1 can peeled straw mushrooms
- 1 can sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- ½ lb soft tofu, sliced into ¼ inch cubes
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- chopped scallion for garnish
- Bring stock to a simmer, add soy sauce, pork, mushrooms and chile paste. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add meat, pepper, vinegar, bamboo, water chestnuts, and tofu, simmer for 10 min Mix cornstarch with 5 tbsp water and add to pot
- Bring back to a simmer and pour the eggs in a very thin stream over the surface.
- Let stand for 10 seconds before stirring in the sesame oil.
- Serve with a garnish of chopped scallions.
What meal are you going to substitute or replace mushrooms in this week?