I have always struggled with getting my kids to brush their teeth. It is like pulling teeth to get them to brush theirs! I have a great oral care routine for myself and thought it would pass down to my kids; bu osmosis I suppose! After a few cavities at their last dental appointment, I decided it was time to get creative. If you are asking yourself “How do I get my kids to brush his teeth?”, do not despair! You are not alone! Here are some suggestions I found that helped encourage Henry and Caitlin to brush:
5 Ways To Get My Kid To Brush
- Follow The Leader: If you want your kids to do the right thing, you need to lead by example. If the kids see you brush, they are more likely to brush with you.
- Toothpaste: Make sure you use a quality toothpaste the kids will like to use! I made the mistake of choosing a popular brand but never checked the flavor. It was Bubblemint and Henry hates mint, therefore hated his toothpaste. It is hard to get them to brush if they hate the toothpaste!
- Toothbrush: Choosing the right toothbrush can make or break your success in the kids dental care routine. Our dentist recommended we use a soft head for the kids teeth and a medium head for my husband and I.
- Time It: It is recommended you brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes. It is difficult for kids to judge this length, so using a timer is suggested. We time ours by using the Kidzbop ToothTunes toothbrush which plays Party In The USA. Henry LOVES this song and using his new toothbrush.
- Brush To The Beat: For Caitlin, she wold rather not use a musical toothbrush, but loves her music. A great alternative is to let her brush for the length of one of her favorite songs, which are usually an average length of 12 minutes. One of her favorite songs is “Ho Hey” and she has been brushing to that lately when she listens to her new Kidzbop 25 CD!
The kids and I have always been fans of the Kidzbop songs. The kids like to hear their favorite songs sung by their peers. I appreciate they can listen to the more popular tunes without fear of any inappropriate language or words. I hate to not allow them to hear a song they really like because it may have one word they are not allowed to say. The Kidzbop 25 has such popular songs like “Wrecking Ball”, “Applause”, “Roar” and the hugely popular “Fox Song”. If you are not sure what the fox says, you may want to take a listen! You can purchase the Kidzbop CD’s online or in just about any retail store that carries kids music for an ARV of $14.
One USA reader will win one Kidzbop 25 CD ARV $14
What tip have you tried that helped you get your kid to brush his teeth?
My grandkids would love the Kidz Bop Party Hits
Kidz Bop Party Hits
I think my kids would like the KIDZ BOP Dance Moves DVD
as well as the KIDZ BOP Dance Party! The Video Game
Love the MP3 panel speakers!
my grand daughter would love it
I like the Pink KIDZ BOP Glammerati Megastar Microphone!
I said, if you don’t brush your teeth a caterpillar will eat all your teeth and it will craw out of your teeth. That scare them and it work. They love brushing their teeth, matter of fact, they can’t wait to brush it when they wait up and before bed time. 🙂
My daughter loves to brush her teeth (it took a star chart) and loves kidz bop!
I am familiar with games and props to make brushing more fun and enjoyable to the kids. I have to agree with a toothpaste. Sometimes I have to relate with other’s tastes when it comes to toothpaste flavor. I did not know Kidzbop 25 but musical toothbrush sounds a great idea.
My daughters wants the Kids Bop 25 really bad.
My daughter really wants Kidz Bop 25!!
My granddaughters would like any of the CD’s, but I think they would most enjoy the DVD “Kidz Bop The Videos”.
Kidz Bop25 – we have all the rest. THANKS and GLTA
My daughter would love the Kidz Bop party hits.
win today. I love to sing songs.
KIDZ Bop! The kids love the CDs!
I like the Pink KIDZ BOP Glammerati Megastar Microphone. My grandkids would have a blast!!
I like the pink KIDZ BOP Glammerati Pop-Star Keyboard. So cute and educational too.
I like the KIDZ BOP Ultimate Hits
my son needs anyyy toothbrush that sings those happy tunes to him!!
I am happy to see that there is a tooth tune junior now. I need to find one!
This is fantastic. Some great tips. Dental care is so important in our home.
These are great tips! So important to get them into a good routine early!
Comments are closed.