If you are a smart cookie, you should learn how to be fashionable on a budget. There is no reason you can’t look your best even if your bank account thinks differently. There are a lot of great bargains our there just waiting for you to find them. The question then would be how and where you can keep up with the latest trends without breaking the bank. I love everything fashion, from hats to designer bags to cool and funky jewelry and all that in between. I wanted to share with you How To Shop For Fashion On A Budget and the tips that I found:
How To Shop For Fashion On A Budget
- Start With The Basics: Before you go any further, you need to have all the basic items every closet should have. Here is a list of items you need to have in your wardrobe: a black or navy blazer, dressy jeans, button down white shirt, a dark colored straight skirt, the little black dress, black leggings, a sweater, preferably a long cardigan, classic pumps and one pair of boots.
- Let Your Phone Do The Work: If you find a dress you absolutely must have but the pricey price tag is getting you down, don’t despair. Most Smart Phones can scan the bar code on the dress and it will tell you where you can find that dress at a more affordable price.
- Time Versus Money: Remember that paying the lowest price is not always a bargain. If you find a pair of shoes or a sweater you desperately want, look at them objectively Will they fit in with your basics or is this a one trick pony? It isn’t always a bad thing to spend a little more to get a good item that will last you for years to come.
- Don’t Forget The Accessories: Just like you basic wardrobe, there are also some basic accessories you need as well. Every girl should have a simple pair of pearl or gem earrings, small to medium sized silver or gold hoops, a few choice chunky pieces like a bracelet or necklace. There is a hot new company on Facebook that can get you the perfect piece of jewelry at a fantastic price. This Facebook based auction site, which launches on November 15th, will offer a wide assortment of affordable and modern jewelry. Many of the jewelry up for auction on the site are doppelgangers to those worn by Hollywood elite.
Affordable Contemporary Jewelry
If you are looking for affordable contemporary jewelry, Trend Snag.com is a fantastic place to look. Trend Snag is a bit different than other online auction sites you may have visited in the past. Joining is easy and “snagging” a piece or two of great looking jewelry is not only easy, it is fun too. Here is how it works:
- “Like” Trend Snag on their Facebook page and register, using the ‘Register With Us’ tab.
- Tune in at 8:00 pm (EST) on Monday and Thursday nights, where you will see pictures of the jewelry along with the price and description.
- As items are posted, you will comment with the word “snag” on the pieces you want. The first person to comment with the word “snag” will win the auction.
- You will receive an invoice for your “snagged” items and once it is paid, your item will be shipped.
I was offered the beautifully funky and chunky Bubble Necklace Set from Trend Snag, which was inspired by a similar set from J.Crew. I chose black for my necklace and earrings set ($39.00). When I received the set, I was surprised at how lightweight the necklace was. When I saw it in the picture I was sent, the necklace appeared to be heavy, but that is not the case. The set is really well made and it can be worn to the office during the day or out for dinner in the evening. This is the first set of costume jewelry that looked anything but. If you prefer another color than black, the set is also offered in 7 other bright colors, so chances are, you will find just the perfect color for this fun set.
One reader will win one Bubble Necklace Set in their choice of color ($39.00), based on availability.