There was this one thing I was always told when I was a kid at the dinner table. I’m sure many of you were told the same thing. You might have even said to your kids once or twice. That thing is “Don’t play with your food”. I can’t imagine how many times this phrase was said to me. Which is solid evidence that I either didn’t listen or just really liked to play with my food. I think it was the latter because I still like to play with my food. So now I encourage my kids to get creative with food. Why? Because it’s fun, that’s why. So here’s a little fun with food idea for you. Let’s make a house out of Hungry Jack waffles.
- 2 cups Hungry Jack waffle mix
- 1¼ cups water
- ¼ cup Crisco oil
- 1 egg
- The Waffles:
- Pre-heat your waffle iron
- Place all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Stir to mix batter until there are no large lumps
- Bake them in your hot waffle iron until the seaming stops and they are golden brown.
- The House:
- If your waffles are round then square four of the off with a knife.
- Cut windows into the middle of two or three of the four squared off waffles
- Cut a door into one of the squared off waffles.
- Assemble the four walls with toothpicks to hold them together.
- Assemble the roof with toothpicks to hold it together.
- Add syrup and fruit for a little flair and you're done.
- * Be sure to remove all the toothpicks before allowing any free roaming Godzilla's to eat the house.
So there it is. A good old fashion frontier waffle house. So now it’s your turn. Enter below to win a box of Hungry Jack Waffle mix get creative. Design and create a waffle dream home for yourself.
What would food would you build your dream house out of?