I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Zappos.com. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
It’s that time again. No, not holiday shopping. We still have a few more months (or weeks!) until it’s that time. Right now, I am referring to back to school clothing shopping. We all dread it, yet any of us who are parents must do it. Walk in to any store during back to school season and be prepared to be completely overwhelmed. From the large crowds, kids running around everywhere to all of the “sales,” it is easy to be distracted from what you actually stepped foot in the store for! Throw in a toddler and being 8 months pregnant and you can put a fork in me! Since this year was my first year school shopping for Aidan, I wanted to stay on task. I devised a list of basics that all kids need and made sure to stick to it!
5 Kids Back To School Clothing Basics
- Shoes: Doesn’t it always seem like kids feet get bigger over the summer? It must be something in that pool water! Regardless, shoes are a staple for back to school. Cool kicks like the Nike Kids Pico 4 or the Nike Kids Revolution 2 are sure to be a hit with your little guy! Don’t forget to load up on socks, too! Jeffries Seamless Low Cut socks are perfect for comfort and style!
- Jeans: I am a sucker for jeans. I think the right jeans are just adorable on kids. Aidan is super skinny, so it’s always difficult to find him the perfect jeans. With Fall and Winter around the corner, I made sure to get him a few pairs of versatile jeans that he can wear well into the new year. I chose a slim cut Lucky Brand jean for a more structured look and a Tommy Hilfiger embellished jean for a fun, yet stylish look.
- Polo Shirt: Since Aidan is just 3, a polo shirt might seem impractical. I think not! Preschoolers have picture day, too, and I want to make sure my little man looks great for the camera! A polo shirt like the Tommy Hilfiger Kids Polo is a wardrobe staple anyway, no matter how old you are!
- T-Shirt: Kids can never have too many t-shirts. They are the perfect way to show your child’s personality and should be comfortable, too! The Life is Good “I’m A Keeper” Tee is perfect for Aidan, since he’s obviously a keeper. All kids should have a basic tee like the Tommy Hilfiger Kids Crew Pocket Tee. It’s the perfect balance between laid back and sophisticated!
- Backpack: Ok, so this isn’t exactly clothing..but it still goes on your child’s back, so I think it count! A new backpack is a back to school staple for most kids. Backpacks are a way for kids to show their personality, so choose one that fits your child well! An important element in backpacks is size. Make sure the backpack you select for your child is appropriate for their size. That’s why I chose the Nike Young Athletes Classic Backpack for Aidan! It is perfect and small, just like him!
As you may have remember from my last post, Back To School Shopping With Zappos.com, I am a Zappos.com ambassador. That means Zappos.com is my one stop shop for all of Aidan’s back to school clothing. They have a great selection of major footwear brands such as Nike, Stride Rite, New Balance, Converse, Keen and Pediped. Their clothing lines are top notch as well, with brands all of the kids love, such as Under Armour, Nike, The Northface, Patagonia, Roxy, Volcom, Splendid and even Tommy Hilfiger! Aside from the amazing selection, the thing that I am most impressed with is the convenience. I don’t have to worry about going to those aforementioned stores, fighting the crowds and wild children. I can stick with my back to school clothing basics list and stay on point, all while sipping my green tea on my couch!
What essentials would you add to the list?