I have been bitten with the baking bug lately and my family is loving it! I really struggled with my baking skills in the past and it got so bad, my family dreaded those days I felt like baking! I have practiced a lot over the course of the past year and although not perfect, I have gotten pretty good! In my baking craze, I have found I was sorely lacking on bakeware for all of my creations. That is until I discovered the totally unique bakeware alternatives from Welcome Home Brands.
With the paper bakeware from Welcome Home Brands, you can replace your metal bakeware with panache and style. Now you can bake you favorite goodies and serve, store or give in these beautiful containers. I was sent a huge variety of samples from Welcome Home Brands and I could not wait to try them out. I may be just serving my famous Lemon Blueberry White Cake at home, but that does not mean my serving of it should be boring. These clever and pretty bakeware items can withstand heat up to 400 degrees and is freezer safe as well. I was not surprised when I found the paper bakeware from Welcome Home Brands is used by top pastry chefs across the nation. The Welcome Home Brands’ Paper Bakeware line has won several awards, including the “Best of the Best – Bronze” and “Best in Category – Cookware and Bakeware” at the prestigious 2012 Housewares Design Awards.
The Paper Bakeware line from Welcome Home Brands has become popular with both home cooks and professionals alike. Because it has such a clever design, convenience and function they were even applauded on ABC’s Good Morning America. I decided to make my pound cake in a number of the samples I was sent, and I am in love with this concept. They are super easy to use, they look great and I do not have any pans to clean up! Because the bakeware is freestanding, I do not need to use any pans for them to bake on and there is no need to pre-grease them, which I love. One USA reader will win $50 in Welcome Home Brands Paper Bakeware.
I hope you enjoy my Lemon Blueberry White Cake Recipe:
- 1 c butter, softened
- 2 c sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- lemon glaze
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease a bundt pan or 2 round pans. I used my Welcome Home Brands paper bakeware.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time and vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk 2 cups of flour, salt and baking powder
- Add the flour to the butter and sugar mixture
- In a small bowl add the blueberries, lemon zest and flour
- Mix in the floured blueberries and lemon zest
- Pour into the greased cake pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 min or until a took pick inserted into the cake comes out clean
- Allow to cool on a wire rack
- Lemon glaze:
- Whisk the powdered sugar and lemon juice together until smooth
- Pour over the top of the cake and allow it to dip down the sides.
What is your favorite cake?