You know how to lose weight, right? Take in less calories and exercise to burn excess calories. The trouble with the formula is that after the age of 40, it can be more difficult to lose weight. I wish there were a magic pill to make it easier, but sadly, that does not exist. If you are over 40 and find it harder to lose weight, here are a few tips that can make it a bit easier for you:
5 Tips For Losing Weight After 40
- Write It Down: Did you know if you keep a food journal you can lose 15% more weight than a dieter who does not? I found that I was snaking way more than I thought, but once I aw it on paper, I was able to stop that bad habit.
- Get A Buddy: It is easier and more fun to lose weight if you have a friend. You can sign up online for a weight loss buddy if you do not have a friend or family member who is interested in partnering up with you.
- Drink Water: Not only is drinking water a healthier option, it is also better for weight loss. People who drink soda (even diet) and juices are more likely to stay overweight than those who only drink water.
- Make Sure You Are Hungry: If you are reaching for something to eat and your stomach is not rumbling, chances are you are not hungry. I read somewhere that if you are not hungry enough to eat an apple, you are not hungry!
- Make The Most Of Your Meals: When I am trying to lose weight, I am always looking for foods that will keep me fuller longer. Choose foods with a higher protein content, less sugar and fats and smart carbs.
If you are a busy mom like me, you do not always have time to cook a healthy meal. There are days I am so busy, I may only have a few minutes to spare to feed myself. For me, the smart way to eat is by stocking up on my favorite meals from Atkins. With their Atkins bars, shakes, meals and treats, you will find losing weight after 40 is much easier. I must say, I have several favorites from the Atkins line of products. The chocolate shakes are so creamy and rich! They are a great mid-morning or afternoon drink to give me the protein I need to get me going until the next meal.
The Stone Fired Pizzas are super yummy and the vegetable is my ultimate favorite. They also come in Pepperoni, Cheese and Three Meat and each pizza contains 11 grams net carbs, 2 grams sugar, 23-26 grams of protein, and 320-410 calories per serving. The breakfast sandwiches cook in the microwave in just a few minutes, so Caitlin and I can have a hot and delicious breakfast as we head out the door for a full day. When I am craving something sweet, I can have one of the decadent Atkins treats like a Peanut Butter Cup you will swear is just like that more fattening one or the Chocolate Candies or Chocolate Coconut Bar. These treats are low in sugar and have protein and fiber, so they are healthier than other snacks I would normally reach for.
Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. recently unveiled Atkins 40, the first new entry point to the diet in its history for FREE this past January. What is different now? Greater flexibility and food variety, including nuts/seeds, variety of fruits, whole grains, legumes and dairy (Greek Yogurt and cheeses), A new starting point to the leading low carb lifestyle that allows individuals to eat from all food groups from day one making it easier to remain on a diet while creating the foundations for healthier eating over a lifetime, and Atkins is offering Atkins 40 for FREE on their website (www.atkins.com), along with other interactive tools and a mobile app to track their daily net carbs.
Atkins 40 is ideal for people who have 40 pounds or less to lose and is founded on the principles of optimal protein intake, adequate healthy fat intake and low carbohydrate consumption, which allow the body to burn fat for fuel, otherwise known as ketosis. Following the same scientifically-validated nutritional principles of the traditional Atkins 20 plan which allocates 20g Net Carbs in a daily diet, Atkins 40 is backed by 31 scientific studies (which I can send for your reference) which demonstrate that people can begin to burn fat for fuel with 40g Net Carbs per day.
You can find the meals in the frozen section of your grocery store and the other items will be in the weight loss section. Be sure to visit the Atkins homepage where you can sign up to get yourself a free starter kit, which includes some yummy samples! Also, be sure to sign up for a BOGO coupon as well! Stay connected with Atkins and follow them on Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube. One USA reader will win (4) Atkins Stone Fired Pizza coupons. ARV $20.
Are you finding it hard losing weight after 40? If so, how do you get around it?