This is a sponsored post but all opinions are 100% my own.
Getting ready to go back-to-school can be a stressful time for everyone, especially us as parents. Just the thought of helping our children adjust from fun-in-the-summer-sun mode to sitting at a desk all day seems downright painful! The idea of new routines, new teachers, and new friends can add more stress to an already full plate. Fortunately, there are things that we can do ahead of time to lessen the stress level and make going back to school fun and easy for the entire family!
6 Tips For Making Back-To-School As Easy As ABC
- Create an Agenda: Combine your already hectic work schedule with before and after school activities, sports, clubs and you have created a recipe for disaster. Get yourself a day planner and actually use it. Fill it in as soon as you receive the annual school calendar, and always give yourself an extra 10-15 minutes for drive time.
- Get Ready for Sleep: Breaking your kids of the summer sleep routine is probably one of the biggest back to school challenges that you will face as a parent. Start two weeks ahead of time, slowly pushing your child’s bedtime back until it is exactly where it needs to be the week before school starts. This will help to ensure that your child is in a consistent sleep routine ahead of time.
- Plan for a Quick Breakfast: I would love to be able to cook Aidan breakfast every morning, but that is not going to happen. I plan for a hectic morning by packing granola bars, pop tarts and other quick and easy breakfast foods in my purse the night before. If it turns out that we have a few extra minutes for a fresh breakfast, these quick treats turn into a great afternoon snack.
- Have a Wardrobe Selected: This is the morning hack of all morning hacks and should apply to every person in your family. Always plan your child’s wardrobe ahead of time. Make it part of your Sunday routine once all of the laundry is done. This will help save you precious minutes each morning and you won’t have to do any surprise loads of laundry throughout the school and work week.
- Snap a Quick Picture: I love looking back on my childhood back-to-school pictures, and I can only assume that my children will, too. Make it a first day of school tradition to snap a quick picture of your children and put it away for safe keeping in a scrapbook or memory box.
- Pack Well in Advance: Procrastination is your worst enemy when it comes to school supplies and packing your child for their first day back-to-school. Check all of the items off of your shopping list early and have all of your child’s new school supplies and gear ready to go!
Not only will these tips and tricks lessen your load, Target makes going back-to-school easy, too. Back-to-school supply lists can be intimidating. The older our children get, the longer their back-to-school lists seem to get. As daunting as it might be, there is still something about school supplies that gets me excited. I feel like a kid again walking up and down the aisles of backpacks and folders. It is especially exciting for Aidan to see all of the cool Avengers and other licensed merchandise. It was incredibly difficult for him to pick between his beloved Captain America or Minions. As you can tell from the pictures, Avengers won! After loading up our cart with a new backpack, folder, notebook, pencil case and other essentials, we were on our way! Both Aidan and I are thrilled, and it was fun and easy as 1-2-3 to get ready for school! Target makes going back-to-school easy.