If you have sleep issues, making your bedroom a sanctuary, may help. I have read that people who have a television, computer and other electronic devices in their bedroom have more sleep issues than those who don’t. I have a television, computer, a tablet and a few gaming systems. No wonder I can’t sleep at night!! I decided to find some ideas that would turn my bedroom into a cozy and serene place to sleep. Here are some great ideas I found:
Making Your Bedroom A Sanctuary
- Electronic Devices: You need to get your television and computers out of the bedroom, and any other electronic devices you have in there. For those items you need to keep (alarm clock, fan, etc.), make sure they are unplugged when not in use. The more electricity you have flowing in your bedroom, the less restful your sleep will be.
- Arranging Your Bed: If your bedroom window has a nice view, you should arrange your bed to face in that direction. Studies show that if you can look out onto a pretty scene, your sleep will be much more restful.
- De-clutter: A room that is free of clutter is a room that you can rest more easily in. If you have a lot of items on the floor, on furniture and in your closet, you tend to feel slightly agitated and will not rest as easily. Make it a goal to have as much off your floor as possible.
- Paint: I think we have all heard that certain colors can make you feel more peaceful and that is true! If you choose subtle shades like a pale shade of green or blue, you will rest better than if you leave your walls white or a bright color like red or orange.
- Bedding: If you choose bedding that is comfortable and soft, you will sleep better. If you have sheets that are at least 300 thread count and a comforter/duvet that is made from a soft fabric, like lightweight cotton, your body will relax more easily. The bedding from Charles P. Rogers is just what the doctor ordered when it comes to soft and cozy. With several sheet sets to choose from, you are sure to find something just for you.
Sheets With A High Thread Count
When I was redecorating my bedroom, I knew I wanted sheets with a high thread count. I was used to buying inexpensive sheets that had a low thread count and boy were they scratchy! When I was growing up, we didn’t have a lot of money, so we always bought bedding that was not the greatest quality. When I saw the sheets from Charles P. Rogers were a higher thread count and were reasonably priced, I knew I wanted to have a set for myself. I was sent the 400 thread count king set in white ($99.00) and they are fantastic! I washed them before putting them on the bed and they are so deliciously soft that I could not believe. It!! All of the sheet sets are priced the same and there are several colors to choose from. Charles P. Rogers opened their first factory in New York in 1855, making the highest quality beds around. Now, 150 years later, they are still making hand crafted beds that are far beyond their competitors in every area. The materials used in making their beds include those made from wood, iron, brass and more as well as platform, standard and other styles. If you are in the market for a new bed, Charles P Rogers is THE place to go. I am looking forward to purchasing a handcrafted iron bed in the spring!
One reader will win their choice of sheet set in color and size ($99.00), depending on availability