Country Crock recently sent me a casserole kit and a few ingredients including a free coupon for Country Crock to create a recipe challenge. We were given an Easy Mac & Cheese Veggie Chicken Casserole recipe as a starting point for alteration or inspiration. I wanted to make something with vegetables I know my kids would love. Recently, they have been on an olive kit, so I figured that would be the way to entice them to try a new macaroni and cheese. Since I was using olives it made me think of Mediterranean food and thus my casserole was born.
- Use the white roux made with Country Crock Spread
- 8 oz rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 c diced ham, cooked
- 1 package of frozen leaf spinach, defrosted and drained
- ½ c sliced assorted olives
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup feta
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Create the Roux and add the cheddar cheese
- Combine the ham, rotini, and olives in a separate casserole dish
- Add the roux to the casserole dish and stir
- Top with feta cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes
Country Crock can be substituted for butter in almost every recipe. If you would like to try it for yourself, you can enter the sweepstakes to win your own casserole kit from Country Crock. To enter you need to pin this blog post on Pinterest using the hashtag #CountryCrockCasserole.
[ddet Click here to enter the giveaway for the Country Crock Casserole Kit]