Did you know coffee is the second most popular commodity sold worldwide, only coming in second to fuel? This popular beverage has people all over the world waking up, taking a break and even enjoying after the evening meal. The average coffee drinker has 2 cups per day and if purchased outside the home, spends an average of $2.40 per cup. But be careful because if you drink 100 cups of coffee in a day, you can have hallucinations and even die! I love coffee, but I am confident I will not reach that 100 cup limit in a 24 hour period! I make my own coffee at home and I am always up for a new recipe. This Mexican Cinnamon Mocha Coffee is perfect anytime of the day and is especially tasty with a sweet dessert. The combination of the sweet and spicy is really good!
If you are going to make any coffee drink, you need to have the right coffee. Peet’s Coffee, which is available in the K Cups for your Keurig from Cross Country Cafe, comes in a variety of blends. You can find it in the French Roast, Major Dickason’s, Cafe Domingo and the House Blend. For this recipe, the House Blend goes perfectly as it is not too strong and not too light in body either. The coffee is lively and balanced with a medium body. Peet’s Decaf House Blend is small batch roasted by hand for a uniquely rich brew. It comes in the 16 K-Cup box for $11.99 and can be set up on automatic monthly delivery.
Mexican Cinnamon Mocha Coffee
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ounce finely chopped semi sweet baking chocolate
- 2 strips of orange peel
- ⅛ tsp. of cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. of allspice
- ¾ cup hot black Peet's House Blend coffee
- ⅛ cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- whipped cream & orange zest to top
- Blend the first 5 ingredients in a blender until the chocolate is chopped up very finely.
- Add hot coffee and blend for one minute until chocolate melts
- Add the warm cream and blend on high until it's frothy.
- Pour into a cup and top with whipped cream and a bit of orange zest.
What is your favorite blend of coffee?