Gadgets For The Home
Do you love to find great gadgets for the home? I LOVE watching the ads on television that shows all these cool things you can buy for your home. At the very least, I get a good laugh at the sincerity with which the actors portray their love of the product, even if it is silly. I don’t care what you say, but the Forever Lazy is just darn right funny! What is even better is that a boatload of people felt their lives were not complete without one and there have so far been about a gazillion sold!! Ok, seriously, there are some really cool gadgets that make your house work fun. Here are a few of my top picks for kitchen tools:
- A griddle pan is a must have for any family. I love that you can toast bread, make pancakes and crisp up some bacon all on the same pan, at the same time. And the best part is when you are done with breakfast, you only have one pan to clean!
- A food processor is another gadget that is a jack of all trades! You can do so many different things with so many different foods that it boggles the mind. No more tears will be shed when it is time to chop onions for your chili or maybe a steamed hot dog just like the ones at the ballpark.
- A non-stick mat is awesome for a few tasks. You can use it when you are rolling out a crust and it won’t stick like it will when you use the counter top and some flour. You can also use it for baking in the oven. All you do is put the mat on a cookie sheet and whatever you put on the mat (like biscuits or cookies) and you don’t need to spray the pan. The other great thing is that you just rinse the mat and the pan for an easy clean up.
Cooking With Silicone Pans
I have been interested in cooking with silicone pans for a while now. I hate that no matter how careful you are, your bakeware will get burned, stained and all around yucky. With silicone, you don’t need to worry about greasing your pan, burning, sticking or a big clean up. I was honored to review a few items from Casabella, which is one of the top go to stores online for your home good needs. I received:
- (2) square silicone baking pans – $15.99 each
- (1) silicone bread loaf pan – $12.99
- (1) silicone Bundt pan – $15.99
- A Keith Haring inspired broom – $14.99
- The Quick Scrub Double Sided Microfiber Spray Mop – $34.99
I must say I was so excited to use our new silicone bake wear that I sent my husband out for brownie mix so we could test the bakeware out. I love using silicone!! We didn’t spray the pan before we poured the mix in and the brownies cooked evenly and without burning. The clean-up was so easy! All we did was soak the pan in warm soapy water and it cleaned up easily. My other favorite has got to be the Spray Mop. This little guy gets your floor clean in just a few minutes. I added some Mr. Clean to the water tank and snapped it in. Then I just pull up the trigger with my finger and a good spray comes out and then you just move the mop accordingly. I love that I can take the pad off and toss it in the washing machine. I am all for a mop that doesn’t take those disposable pads which cost a fortune! No matter what your needs, Casabella can handle it.
One reader will receive the package of items I was given for review for a total value of $110.94