- ¼ cup NAKANO Seasoned Rice Vinegar Roasted Garlic, Red Pepper, or Original
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 to 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 can (16 oz.) black beans or black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, combine rice vinegar, oil, salt, jalapeno and garlic; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Serve with tortilla chips, bagel chips or crackers.
I also made fish tacos to go along with the California caviar. It is a pretty basic recipe. I sauteed the fish in Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar, then added another 1/4 cup with the taco seasoning packet that you can get from any grocer. This gives the Tacos quite a tangy flavor my family loves! We have been trying to eat more Mediterranean style food, so Nakano fits right in our diet. I love the variety of foods that you can create from salads to marinades for meats and veggies and even dressings. We use it in almost every meal and enjoy all of the flavors available. You can see the variety of recipes they have on the Mizkan Site.
I really like the fact that my family has switched to using seasoned rice vinegars instead of fatty condiments. Nakano has a full flavor, and my favorite is the garlic. Being Italian and on the Mediterranean diet, I could not be happier. Stay tuned on my blog for several recipes upcoming that will feature Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar. The vinegars are also gluten-free!
Since Nakono Seasoned Rice Vinegar is so healthy for you, they have created a Nakano 60-day Splash it on, step it up Challengeon Facebook. Nakano is launching a 60-Day walking challenge hosted on a this Facebook Application to help generate consumer buzz around NAKANO and encourage people to make healthy lifestyle choices. The challenge will encourage participants to eat more veggies and become more active. Totally what I need – motivation to stay fit! This Facebook app will include fun and helpful fitness as health features such as a step tracker wrapping around a globe that will show followers the number of steps walked thus far, healthy eating tips and fitness tips. I tried one of these apps and it is pretty neat to see where and how long you walk. But, check out the prizes for this fab contest:
- First prize of a one-year free gym membership. If over 1 million steps are reached over the course of the 60 days, a second 1st prize will be awarded.
- Second prize winner receives six personal training sessions.
- Third prize winner will receive a Nakano workout bag.
That is not all though! You can also sign up for the Splash For Cash recipe club where each month a subscriber has the chance to win $150. find out all the other neat things Nakano has in store for you by following them on Facebook & Twitter.
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Nakano and received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating