This post was created in partnership with Dole. I have received compensation for this post.
I am not sure about you, but I was so ready for Spring. With the last minute snow storm we had in the south, the kids were out of school for a full two weeks. I thought I would lose my mind! It is super hard to get everything on my to do list accomplished when I have my kids whining because they are bored out of their minds! This week we have had record warm temperatures with high’s in the mid 70’s. This is the perfect weather to get the family out of the house and enjoy the fresh air and warm spring weather. This is the perfect time for a picnic!
One of our favorite warm weather dishes is my No Bake Mixed Berry Dessert Recipe. This is such a great recipe to take on a picnic, a BBQ, or for a great end to a delicious Sunday meal. It is also super adaptable because you can use any berry you like as well as gelatin or pudding flavors you like. I decided to use the Wildly Nutritious Mixed Berries from the Dole Frozen Fruits line.
I love to use the Dole Frozen Fruits because they are healthy addition to any dessert with no cholesterol and are less than 100 calories per serving. You get healthy dietary fiber, Vitamin C and antioxidants for overall health. The Wildly Nutritious Mixed Berries has a mix of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, giving my recipe a yummy burst of fruit flavor.
And because foods like the frozen fruits from Dole are low in fat and contain that dietary fiber and vitamin C, you may reduce the risk of some types of cancer. The Dole Frozen Fruits come in a variety of flavors like mixed and tropical fruit, sliced peaches or strawberries, pineapple chunks, mango and many other are are perfect for smoothies, toppings, snacking or adding to your favorite recipe.
No Bake Mixed Berry Dessert Recipe:
- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) angel food or pound cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups cold 1% milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package of Dole frozen strawberries
- Arrange cake cubes in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in strawberries. Pour over cake and gently press cake down. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spoon over gelatin layer. Spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with chopped fresh strawberries if desired.