I am loving the Paleo diet I have been on with emeals.com. I get customized menus emailed to me weekly with a grocery list. Of course, I am the queen of adapting and I mix and match and alter the ingredients a tad, but it is nice to have a new source of inspiration. I used the Sriracha Slaw from the Asian Meatballs And Sriracha Slaw post to stuff in the hole of the Butternut squash. Pretty clever huh?
- 2 T ground cumin
- 2 T ground coriander
- 1 T ground ginger
- ½ t crushed red pepper
- 2 lb boneless pork shoulder, trimmed
- 15 oz can organic chicken broth
- ½ t kosher salt
- ½ t black pepper
- Combine cumin, coriander, ginger and red pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub mixture over pork, and place in a slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth over pork.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low 8 hours, or until meat shreds easily.
To roast the butternut squash, Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine 1 T of oil, 1/2 T minced garlic, 1/4 t salt and 1/4 pepper. Brush on the halved butternut squash and bake for 25 minutes, turning once, or until softened.
Save your favorite recipes like this Roasted Butternut Squash And Harissa Pork Shoulder on the web right to your ZipList online recipe box. To add a recipe to your list or recipe box, just click the “save recipe” button. Then sign up using your email address, Facebook or Twitter account. You can get the free mobile app for your iphone or android from ziplist.com.