Perfect Thanksgiving Side Dish
I have been searching for new lower calorie recipes to help me keep my new-found waistline. I love how the sweetness of the sweet potatoes mixed with the Country Crock honey butter allows me to cut back on the sugar. I was wondering how the kids would enjoy it, and it was a big hit! This will make a great edition to our supper as a perfect Thanksgiving Side dish
- 1 pound of Parsnips
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 T Country Crock Honey Spread
- ½ t salt
- ¼ t ground all spice
- Cut Parsnips and sweet potatoes into 1" cubes. I like to leave the skins on, but you can peel them if you want.
- Put in large pot and cover with an inch of water
- Bring water to a boil, then let simmer for 15 minutes
- Drain the vegetables and return to pan over low heat
- Mash with the remaining ingredients.
Save your favorite recipes on the web right to your ZipList online recipe box. You can even add ingredients from each recipe to your shopping list and take it all on-the-go to the store with ZipList’s free mobile app. To add a recipe to yourlist or recipe box, just click the “save recipe” button. Then sign up using your email address, Facebook or Twitter account. You can get the free mobile app for your iphone or android from ziplist.com.