I cannot believe it is almost time for the school year to begin. I swear it was just a few weeks ago when school let out and here we are with just a few days of summer vacation left! Henry is fighting the idea kicking and screaming, while Caitlin is actually looking forward to it. Caitlin is the celebrated nerd in the family and has always loved school. She has been looking forward to doing our back to school shopping for several days now. One of her favorite things to get are her school supplies, which I have gotten a few of already. Caitlin loves to have her name on everything she owns, so we typically get a few personalized or monogrammed items for her. If you have a kid who also likes to see their name in print, here are the hottest personalized accessories for the school year:
5 Personalized Accessories For Kids
- Lunchbox: Caitlin has a lunchbox we received last year from Miss Lucy’s Monograms and she loves it. We always love the items from Miss Lucy’s because they are super well made, has a huge inventory and will last you from year to year. You can see the lunchbox in my review, “Accessories For Teenage Girls That Are Cute And Functional.”
- Tablet Case: Caitlin uses a tablet in her school because all of her textbooks are virtual now. She also sends her homework via the tablet as well as checks her grades and communicates with her teachers. We have a great looking tablet cover from Miss Lucy which I also featured in the review with Caitlin’s lunch box. I love the bright citrus colors and the quilted fabric of the case.
- Phone Case: Caitlin got an iPhone last year and because she is clumsy like her mom, she had to get a protective case. We decided on a simple white case with her monogram in her favorite color; purple.
- Water Bottle: We drink a lot of water, and Caitlin always takes a water bottle to school. We have an acrylic water bottle with Caitlin’s initials on it so she can stay hydrated and never lose her bottle.
- Backpack: Caitlin could not get through the day without her backpack. She has all of her must haves to get her through the day like tissues, her phone, paper, pens, pencils, calculator, headphones and about a million other things!
When we started our back to school shopping this year, Caitlin immediately thought of Miss Lucy’s for her new backpack. Apparently you cannot use the same backpack more than one year, so we had to get a new one! We decided on the large Blue and White Chevron Striped Backpack, which sells for $33 on Miss Lucy’s Monograms site. I love the Chevron Collection with the huge selection of products you can have personalized like scarves, shirts, cosmetic bags and more. As always with Miss Lucy’s, you can choose your favorite font, thread color and monogram or name at no additional cost. In addition to the Chevron Collection, Miss Lucy’s offers polka dots, damask, giraffe, solids and more.
I could not resist getting a little something for myself from Miss Lucy’s. I travel a good bit and I have had the same cosmetic case for a hundred years. I decided it was time for an updated bag, so I browsed to see what Miss Lucy’s had. I found the incredibly cute and colorful Monogrammed Quilted 3 Piece Cosmetic Case in Hot Pink and Turquoise Floral. This case, which sells for $28, is perfect for my traveling needs. It has a 2 zippered cases, which Velcro to the outer bag, which ties with a bow tie closure. I used one bag for my makeup, one for my protein bars and the outside bag for my jewelry. For your back to school needs, you must visit Miss Lucy’s Monograms. She is always affordable and in my opinion, has the best selection and top notch customer service. Be sure to follow Miss Lucy’s on Twitter and Pinterest. One USA reader will win a $35 gift certificate and free shipping from Miss Lucy’s Monograms.
Do you like personalized accessories, and if so, which are your favorites?