I love finding a special Valentines Day Recipe to share with my husband and kids. It just makes the holiday a little bit more fun when I can surprise everyone with something special. I try not to make too many high calorie desserts since I am watching my weight and my husband is diabetic. This Pink Ambrosia Valentines Day Recipe can be created with sugar free products for those trying to watch their sugar. That makes it a great recipe for people who are diabetic or simply trying to watch their calorie or carbohydrate count.
The kids enjoy this Valentines Day Recipe with strawberries but you could easily substitute raspberries or even another type of fruit if you prefer. I used JELL-O Tropical Frusion in the photograph shown. Tropical Fusion is a blend of cherry, orange, and pineapple flavors and produces a nice, pink color. You could substitute any type of red JELL-O in your recipe and still have the same pink appearance. Experiment to find out what your favorite flavor combinations are.
- 1 box any flavor red JELL-O gelatin
- 1 cup of strawberries sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp whipped topping
- 3 tbsp any flavor Greek yogurt
- Make the JELL-O according to box directions. Refrigerate until slightly firm.
- Fold in the sliced strawberries.
- Fold in the whipped topping and the Greek yogurt. Add more or less to make it as creamy as you'd like.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one more hour until firm. Serve.
- Note: You can use sugar free JELL-O and sugar free whipped topping if you are watching your sugar or calorie intake.
Save your favorite recipes like this Pink Ambrosia Valentines Day Recipe on the web right to your ZipList online recipe box. To add a recipe to your list or recipe box, just click the “save recipe” button. Then sign up using your email address, Facebook or Twitter account. You can get the free mobile app for your iphone or android from ziplist.com.
Ellen is a busy mom of two teenagers who left the corporate world in 2008 to focus on a more eco-friendly life. She lives in rural Vermont where she juggles family, two blogs and a career in social media. You can find her at Confessions of an Overworked Mom