Rice Crispy Treats For Thanksgiving
I love the Holiday season. It gives me a reason to create yummy recipes to share with my family and friends instead of having them all hang around my house packing the pounds on me. I added yummy pumpkin ingredients to make these rice marshmallow treats a little more festival for the Fall season! I think these rice crispy treats for Thanksgiving will be perfect? Do you like Pumpkin flavored dishes? Which ones are your favorite?
Pumpkin Cranberry Rice Crispy Treats
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- a handful of dried apple slices
- ¼ cup of pumpkin spice almonds (I used Planters)
- 2 Tablespoons Country Crock Pumpkin Spice Butter
- silicone molds
- candy quick or chocolate chips for melting
- Microwave the marshmallows in a bowl for 1 minute
- Mix in the butter
- Mix in the remaining ingredients (I butter my spoon first to keep it from sticking)
- Melt the candy quick or chocolate in the microwave for one minute (It will keep its form, but will soften as you stir)
- Pour a layer of chocolate in the bottom of the mold
- pack the rice batter in tightly and mold the tops to be flat (use butter on your hands)
- refrigerate for four hours
Save your favorite recipes on the web right to your ZipList online recipe box. You can even add ingredients from each recipe to your shopping list and take it all on-the-go to the store with ZipList’s free mobile app. To add a recipe to yourlist or recipe box, just click the “save recipe” button. Then sign up using your email address, Facebook or Twitter account. You can get the free mobile app for your iphone or android from ziplist.com.
Those are the fanciest treats I have ever seen, you put my odd shaped bars to shame. Now I have a question, why did no one ever tell me to butter my spoon to keep from sticking? Seriously, you might be a genius!
Well Jen I sent you a psychic message the last time you made them, but you did not answer “my call” lol
now THAT is a thanksgiving edible craft I can get into! I love the added almonds and fruit. I never would have thought to add those to rice crispy treats!
It just made it so much better!
Those look fantastic! I love craisins.
These are so cute! I wonder if I can make a vegetarian version for my family. I think the kids would LOVE making them.
There isn’t any meat unless you mean vegan..lol Sadie
Comments are closed.