I love summer, and one of the reasons is because it allows me to spend more time with my family. By working from home, you have more flexibility to plan so many fun things to do with your family. You can go to the beach, the pool, camping, the amusement park or even a big outdoor water park. Once the kids go back to school, that quality time with your family gets cut dramatically. Between getting the kids to and from school, homework, baths, chores and after school activities, your free time can be sparse. In order to make the most of the precious time you get during the school year, you need to get creative! Here are a few suggestions:
5 Ways To Spend Time With Your Family
- Cooking: Meals are a wonderful opportunity to hang out with the family. You can get the kids and your partner to help with the meal, setting the table and cleaning up afterwards. This makes doing chores a little easier as well as more fun. If you can cook meals in bulk, you can store meals in the freezer and get even more time for family fun.
- Get Organized: If you can consolidate your errands, chores and day to day activities, you get more free time. You can do this by making lunches or getting the kids clothes ready the night before. You can also make a to do list for the week, so you can break up your errands into a more manageable time frame.
- Start Traditions: You do not need to wait for a major holiday or birthday for a fun family tradition. You can have recurring dates like a family game night on Wednesdays, a Saturday picnic or a family Sunday brunch at a favorite restaurant.
- Family Photos: One of my favorite things to do is look through my family pictures with the kids. I get to tell them stories about the story behind each picture, which the kids really enjoy. If you have your photos in a box, why not get the kids to help organize them?
- Use Technology: Technology is everywhere and it can be a boon or a burden, depending on how you use it. You can use it for playing games, educational purposes, watching videos and more. With the BiggiFi, you can bring the family together by streaming your favorite media onto your TV. The BiggiFi Family Stick uses your TV as the display and your smartphone as the touch screen controller.
Families tend to watch a lot of TV together, and there is no reason to limit what you can watch to just your cable. With the BiggiFi, you can use your smartphone interface technology for your TV. BiggiFi is an HDMI stick that engages the entire family through the connection of mobile devices and televisions. The BiggiFi is an Android device which can be controlled by your Android or iOS device. The interface BiggiFi uses is very similar to your average Android tablet layout. You can customize your hone screen with wallpapers, apps and widgets and comes with several pre-installed games and apps. This will allow you to treat your TV like a tablet with your phone acting as the touch screen.
BiggiFi is very easy to set up, so even the most novice techie can do so in a few minutes. The BiggiFi is an HDMI dongle which you plug it into the HDMI port on your TV. Then you connect the USB power cable, which is included and you will need to download the free app from Google Play. It connects to your WiFi network and acts as the main interface and you can use it as a touch, mouse or button control pad. You can use the BiggiFi to access millions of apps and games from Google Play and you can enjoy your favorite content on your TV. You can play games individually, or with family and friends for multi-player games. The BiggiFi, which sells for $89 on the BiggiFi website, Amazon, or Newegg. Be sure to follow BiggiFi on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
How do you spend quality time with your family?