We love to pick our own berries and create all sorts of jams, jellies and chutneys. Summer in Vermont is very short so we get many different types berries in a short period of time. This Blueberry Chutney recipe is slightly sweet and slightly tart. It’s the perfect side for a baked ham or even a ham sandwich.
|Recipe: Blueberry Chutney|
- 2 cups of frozen drained blueberries
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot. Cook down slowly on medium heat until the liquid is gone. Cool and refrigerate.
Ellen is a busy mom of two teenagers who left the corporate world in 2008 to focus on a more eco-friendly life. She lives in rural Vermont where she juggles family, two blogs and a career in social media. You can find her at Confessions of an Overworked Mom