I grew up in a household with a lot of Irish relatives. My grandfather came over on a boat from Ireland and married a woman who was half Irish. My grandfather had bright red hair and so did my mom. We had a lot of Irish decor in our house and ate many traditional Irish meals. I do not even want to tell you what it was like at my house around St. Patrick’s Day! When I got older, I would go to Savannah, GA every year for St. Patrick’s Day. I have not been back in years, but I would love to visit again soon. In honor of my Irish heritage and our love of those potatoes we Irish love so much, I made a recipe using several of my favorite ingredients.
When I am doing prep work in the kitchen and I am cutting anything, I always use a cutting board. My old cutting board was fine but I wanted to find one with a drawer. Lucky for me, Problem Solvers had exactly what I was looking for. Their Bamboo Cutting Board With Tray, which sells for $35 on their website, is Ah-Mazing. After I am done chopping broccoli, peppers, potatoes and onions, I just remove the drawer and dump everything into the pan to cook. It is so super well built and convenient I cannot believe I went so long without it!
Problem Solvers is so true to their name because they fill your needs you have for your home. They have cool household goods like rugs, organizational solutions, kitchen gadgets and tons more. You really need to sit down and plan to spend some time just browsing through all the neat things they have. The other thing I love about Problem Solvers is how affordable they are. I priced the cutting boards online and there were a lot of more expensive options which were not the same high quality.You can follow Problem Solvers on Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+. One USA reader will win a Bamboo Cutting Board With Drawer $35.
I used my Bamboo cutting Board to cut all of the ingredients for my favorite Red Pepper Steak and Potato Griller. Here is my easy peasy recipe you can make in honor of St. Patrick’s Day!
- Skirt or Flank Steak
- Red Peppers
- Yellow Onion
- Baking Potatoes
- Low Fat Shredded Cheese
- Whole Wheat or Flour Tortillas
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450
- While oven is preheating, peel and slice potatoes into french fries, slice onions and peppers.
- Place fries on a baking sheet, lightly brush with olive oil and bake at 450 for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside
- Heat up skillet or grill and coat with olive oil. Season and brown meat on both sides for approximately 4-6 minutes. Remove and allow to rest. Slice thinly.
- Wipe out skillet and coat lightly with olive oil and cook onions and peppers for 2-3 mins
- Lay out one tortilla and layer beef, potatoes, vegetables and cheese and fold in half.
- Using Panini Press or Griddle, lightly coat with olive oil and heat to medium-high
- Grill tortilla until brown, approximately 2-3 minutes
- Allow to cool, cut in half, top with sour cream if desired and serve
What is your favorite St. Patrick’s Day recipe?