This post brought to you by Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
Well, summer is fading away and the cool, crisp weather of fall has begun to sneak in. The skies are that brilliant blue you can only get when autumn arrives. The leaves are falling and when the wind blows, they make those little tornados on the ground. Also with this weather comes the cheers of the fans of the game of college football. Virtually every household in America has at least one die hard fan in it’s midst. In preparation of game day, they are probably painting their faces and getting their big foam finger ready. One thing you can be sure of is while they are watching the big game, they sure can work up an appetite.
Yummy game day snacks are as important as wearing the school colors on game day. Luckily, we have Dollar General, the place to find all your College Football game day supplies!
Game Day Snacks
Just as American as College Football, REESE’S® is one of America’s favorite chocolate treats. We may each have a unique way of eating them (I nibble off the chocolate edge all the way around and then eat the center in one big bite), but the end result is the same: mouth watering deliciousness! REESE’S® brand is the Official Candy Partner of NCAA Football, so it is only fitting to make some great game day snacks using REESE’S®. Here is a quick and yummy snack that only needs 3 ingredients (popcorn, peanuts and REESE’S® Minis ) that will have all the fans in the room cheering for more!
Game Day Pep-Corn with REESE’S® Minis
(Prep time : 8 minutes /Total Time: 40 minutes)
- Clover Valley® popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup Clover Valley® Party peanuts, divided
- 1-1/3 cups (8-oz. pkg.) REESE’S® Minis, divided
- Line tray or cookie sheet with wax paper or foil. Spread popcorn and 1/2 cup peanuts on prepared tray.
- Cut 1 cup REESE’S® Minis into halves; place in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir vigorously. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until candy is melted and mixture is blended when stirred.
- Drizzle over popcorn and nut mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until coating is firm. Make individual servings and top with remaining 1/4 cup peanuts and remaining 1/3 cup REESE’S® Minis.
Makes about 8-1/2 cups of popcorn. * Popcorn is best eaten the same day as prepared and shortly after removing from refrigerator.
I love this game day snack because everyone loves REESE’S®, so the kids as well as the adults can enjoy it. You can find all the ingredients you need at Dollar General, so you know you are getting everything at a great price. The recipe itself only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish and it is totally a breeze to make. You can also get all the other supplies you need to make your game day gathering a hit.
You can get tablecloths, napkins, paper plates, chips, dip, drinks and anything else you can think of. Because REESE’S® brand is the Official Candy Partner of NCAA® Football, they have some great downloadable features available on scorewithreeses.com and they are totally free!