How has the winter been in your neck of the woods? If you are in the North, you have had some record breaking low temps and harsh conditions. If you are in the South, you have experienced lower than normal temperatures, even if you have not seen any snow or ice. When you head out in these frigid conditions, do you take care of our hair as much as you do your person? Many times, we are in a hurry when we are out the door and put on a coat, scarf, gloves and perhaps a hat. This will keep us warm but what about your hair? That is left unprotected and completely vulnerable. Before you step out the door again, make sure you follow these steps to keep your hair winter proofed:
7 Ways To Protect Your Hair In Winter
- Wear A Hat Or Scarf: Protect your hair when out in the elements by wearing your favorite hat or scarf as blistery winds tend to dry hair.
- Use A Humidifier: Keep hair from getting dry by using a humidifier. Remember your hair can get dry from the conditions outside as well as inside your home.
- Minimize Shampooing: As often as you can, try and stretch out the time between washing your hair. When you do, use a moisturizing shampoo like CHI Argan Shampoo, which is gentle and helps improve the health of your hair. Argan oil is composed of luxurious oil blends and potent antioxidants for overall hair conditioning. It gently cleanses without disturbing hair’s moisture balance, and it leaves hair color fully vibrant. The 12 oz. bottle sells for $16. Be sure to follow up with the CHI Argan Conditioner. This advanced formula provides lightweight conditioning while restoring manageability for touchable softness and shine. The 12 oz. bottle sells for $17.
- Use Oil Daily: If your hair is deficient of moisture, it will require ample rejuvenation and hydration to adequately return its chemistry to a healthy state. The CHI Argan Oil plus Moringawill help alleviate the damage of wintery conditions. CHI Argan is lightweight, so your hair so it will not weigh down your hair. This oil is a quick absorbing blend of oils which are specially formulated to rejuvenate and moisturize dull, damaged hair. you can purchase the 3 ounce bottle for $22.
- Deep Condition: To rejuvenate and repair your hair, it is recommended to deep condition your hair once a week. The CHI Argan Rejuvinating Masque is an important part of your hair care routine as the weather gets colder. When our hair gets dry, this masque deeply nourishes and repairs your hair. It has essential vitamins and antioxidants that work to improve the hairs overall luster and appearance. It is especially effective for thick, coarse and chemically-treated hair and sells for $20 for 8 ounces.
- Drink Water And Eat Healthy: When you eat foods rich in healthy monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids, they can help make your hair healthy as well. Load up on such foods as fish, nuts, olive oil, flax, sardines, and avocados. Also be sure to include vitamin C rich fruits and vegetables.
- Remove Static: You can remove static by rubbing a small amount of CHI Argan Oil plus Moringa on a brush and running it through your hair. The added oil will not only help to remove static but your hair will love the added benefit. Argan oil is a luxuriant solution for ultimately repairing hair completely, from cortex to cuticle, plus it repairs cracked hair cuticles derived from continued heat exposure and extreme weather elements.
Farouk Systems, Inc. is a Houston based company that manufactures high quality professional hair care products with major brands including CHI® and BioSilk®. Farouk Systems was founded in 1986 by Farouk Shami, a hairdresser, with the mission to provide the professional beauty industry with the most advanced American technology based upon ‘Education, Environment and Ethics’. Farouk Systems now has more than 2,000 employees and product distribution in over 100 countries worldwide. Be sure to follow Farouk Systems on Facebook and on Twitter.
What remedies for dry winter hair do you use?