This Ricotta Gnocchi Recipe has been submitted by The Beautiful Things and an main dish submission to the zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge!
Ricotta Gnocchi Recipe
Author: Vittoria Giuseppa
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 cups ricotta (whole-milk or part skim, 1 pound)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (3 ounces), divided
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour (more as needed)
- 2-3 cups of preferred tomato sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Stir together ricotta, eggs, 1 cup cheese, nutmeg, and ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Add flour, stirring to form a soft, wet dough.
- Shape dough on a well-floured surface with floured hands into two 1-inch-thick ropes. Cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces with a floured knife and let rest on a floured board, counter top, or baking sheet.
- Cook gnocchi in 2 batches in a pot of boiling water, adding slowly to pot and stirring occasionally, until cooked through (about 4 minutes per batch). Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain in colander.
- Meanwhile, heat sauce until warm. Toss cooked gnocchi with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese and fresh basil to serve.