This Ricotta Gnocchi Recipe has been submitted by The Beautiful Things and an main dish submission to the zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge!
- 2 cups ricotta (whole-milk or part skim, 1 pound)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (3 ounces), divided
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour (more as needed)
- 2-3 cups of preferred tomato sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Stir together ricotta, eggs, 1 cup cheese, nutmeg, and ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Add flour, stirring to form a soft, wet dough.
- Shape dough on a well-floured surface with floured hands into two 1-inch-thick ropes. Cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces with a floured knife and let rest on a floured board, counter top, or baking sheet.
- Cook gnocchi in 2 batches in a pot of boiling water, adding slowly to pot and stirring occasionally, until cooked through (about 4 minutes per batch). Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain in colander.
- Meanwhile, heat sauce until warm. Toss cooked gnocchi with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese and fresh basil to serve.
Promote your blog and showcase your recipe in zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge. The prizes include a $500 Gift Card as the Grand Prize and three $200 Gift Cards as the top Category prizes you can use to buy kitchen related wares. Submissions end on April 28th. Do not forget to enter the rest of the current Sweepstakes