I had invited a bunch of my friends over for a chocolate making mommy play date. We created several recipes to share and make for our friends. Over the next few days I will be sharing all of these great recipes with you then following up with a party summary. Each of the recipes were created using a Country Crock product. This Rocky Road Bark recipe has a hint of cinnamon which comes from the Country Crock cinnamon spread. When adding this make sure you stir the chocolate smooth first AND that the butter is melted before combining them together or the chocolate will seize. If this happens, just melt some butter and and more and it should unseize. Weird fact, but true!
- ¼ cocoa roasted almonds, crushed
- ¼ mini marshmallows
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips
- sprinkles for decoration
- 2 T Cinnamon Country Crock Spread, melted
- I used a Brittle Bark mold
- Pour the morsels in a glass bowl
- Microwave 1 minute at 70% power
- Stir until smooth
- Add marshmallows and microwave for 30 more seconds at 70% power
- Stir in crushed almonds and melted Country Crock
- Pour into mold.
- Sprinkle the top for decoration
- Refrigerate until set.
- Once set, remove by peeling back the mold
- Break the bars along the marked lines
Save your favorite recipes on the web right to your ZipList online recipe box. You can even add ingredients from each recipe to your shopping list and take it all on-the-go to the store with ZipList’s free mobile app. To add a recipe to your list or recipe box, just click the “save recipe” button. Then sign up using your email address, Facebook or Twitter account. You can get the free mobile app for your iphone or android from ziplist.com.