I can only speak from experience, but it is my opinion men are not experts when it comes to buying gifts. I have been married for almost 16 years and sadly, I have never gotten a gift from my husband I was blown away by. One year I bought a tee shirt and commented to him how comfortable it was. My birthday was shortly after that and imagine my surprise when I opened a box that contained the same shirt, in every color it came in. For Christmas this past year, I got a bag of coffee from Starbucks. No card, no cup, no flowers; just a bag of coffee. When I asked him what he was thinking, he said, “What? I know you like coffee, so I thought this was the prefect gift!” I decided this year to create romantic gift ideas guide especially for him. Feel free to share it with your partner!
5 Romantic Mother’s Day Gifts
- Flowers: I know what you are thinking, but hear me out! There are plenty of floral gifts which are not your average bouquet. If you garden, a few favorite flowers you have been dying to plant would be a lovely gift. If your favorite flower is the King Protea and very hard to get, that would be awfully romantic if your hubby found a bloom just for you!
- Jewelry: Again, this can be too common unless your mate puts some thought into it. A charm bracelet that tells a story of your romance would melt any girl’s heart! An antique broach you saw but dared not ask for due to its price would be a fantastic surprise, right?!
- Weekend Getaway: When was the last time you and your partner got away for the weekend? Same here! Even if you were only able to slip away to a bed and breakfast for one night would be uber romantic.
- A Couples Activity: Instead of planning a night out for dinner on Mother’s Day, how about something unique? If you love to golf, it would be fun to play the back nine with your sweetie and then have an extravagant dessert after. Maybe you can take a class together to bring some fun and closeness into your relationship! You could take a cooking, pottery, or creative writing class.
- Lingerie: There is something to be said about some pretty lingerie to bring some romance into your life! This does not necessarily mean something see through and short either! You can feel beautiful when the lingerie fits you well and feels great on. My favorite place for lingerie, sleepwear and lounge wear is In Bloom Intimates.
I first fell in love with In Bloom when I reviewed their sleepwear in my review, “What Do You Wear To Sleep At Night?” I love the quality of their products, they feel ah-mazing, are affordable and the selection is enormous! I have lost about 20 pounds since I did that review and I needed something new to sleep in. I wanted to find something that was a little sexy, a little sassy and uber comfortable. I chose the Milan shorts, which sell for $25 and the matching Milan Chemise, which you can purchase for $58, both from their website. I love the graphic print, the mix of colors and the cut of the chemise. The shorts are comfortable, fit great and are short enough to make my hubby’s heart beat a bit faster!
If you are looking for something a bit more sexy and romantic, you should take a look at the gorgeous items in the Bridal Lingerie as well as the Jonquil Collection. Give me a few months to lose another 20-30 pounds and I am totally getting the Peaches and Cream Chemise. It is gorgeous! If you are looking for a fun read for the beach, a rainy day or just because, the new In Bloom book is now available. This story is every girl’s dream; take a chance on your dreams by moving to LA and meeting a sexy rock star? Oh yeah! You can grab an e-copy of the book from Amazon, Barnes and Noble or the iBookstore for just $3! Be sure to stay current with the latest from In Bloom Intimates and follow them on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. One USA reader will win $100 In Bloom GC and a copy of the In Bloom book at the Makobi Scribe Mother’s Day Gift ideas event.