OMG! I never even thought that there could be anything harmful in a tampon or a pad, but I don’t even know what is in one. I imagined it was cotton and that is it. I looked, rayon and propylene as well as cotton. Then, I started thinking. If I am worried about eating healthy and organic, shouldn’t I be concerned about what I ingest in other ways? Yes ingest…if you use a tampon or pad to absorb, doesn’t it seem safe to assume you are absorbing what you put in/on your body as well, especially in sensitive areas. Bleach on the cotton, non-organic cotton, and so on and so forth are things I don’t want inside my body. How about you?
When the BOXES arrived at my house, I was thrilled to find out what a gift bag of our natural feminine care products included:
- A reusable Seventh Generation grocery bag (That the rest of the products they sent me overflowed!)
- 14 Pk of Maxi Overnights (Nice for heavy nights and not too bulky. I would not wear them through the day, too bulky for me)
- 24 Pk of Maxi Regular (Still too bulky for me to wear out of my house. I really am a tampon girl; however, I gave some to my sister-in-law to try and she said they were not bulky at all–what do I know anyways?)
- 16 Pk of Ultra Thin Super Long (Not too long, not too bulky, winner!! as a nighttime pad for me)
- 45 Pk of Pantiliners (Way more absorbent than they look..will (tested and true) catch that tampon leak! They are also super thin.)
- 16 Pk of Regular Tampons (I am now a Seventh Generation tampon buyer…LOVE these and they are my standard in feminine care)
- 16 Pk of Super Plus Tampons (For those extra heavy days)
- Chlorine Free Bleach
- Lavender Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Eucalyptus and Lavender Fabric Softener Sheets
I’m pleased to tell you Seventh Generation is now available at Wal-Mart, Target, Whole Foods, your local grocer and online. You can find coupons for Seventh Generation products online. You can also WIN a Feminine Starter Kit for yourself by entering the giveaway below.
The giveaway portion of this post has been removed and you can find the winner on the winner’s wall. This review and giveaway was provided at no cost, but the opinions expressed are still 100% my own.