Weight gain is a struggle for many. Losing those excess pounds is always a battle. Eat less, exercise more, do not eat this, but eat that, so many rules to follow! It is the fight worth fighting but can be very exhausting and frustrating along the way. That was until the book SHRED: The Revolutionary Diet—Six Weeks, Four Inches, Two Sizes by Dr. Ian K Smith came around.
Successful Weight Loss
This is the latest book by Dr. Ian that integrates all of his critical dieting tools from previous books into one plan. This allows you, as the reader and dieter, to get all of the best tools from one book so you can achieve successful weight loss.
The Shred Diet
One cycle on the Shred diet consists of 6 weeks:
- Week 1: Prime – This is where you get primed for the rest of the plan. This week focuses on meal spacing, proper snacking techniques, and suppressing hunger without consuming too many calories.
- Week 2: Challenge – This week is a confidence booster, showing dieters that despite past failures or plans they thought would be too difficult, they actually have what it takes to succeed.
- Week 3: Transformation – This is the toughest week. This is a critical seven days where most shredders start truly noticing a difference, many dropping a clothing size.
- Week 4: Ascend – combines knowledge and skills of the first three weeks to keep dieters motivated and moving forward.
- Week 5: Cleanse – pays special attention to enhancing your liver’s ability to detoxify your blood.
- Week 6: Explode – into your new life with the knowledge and skills you’ve developed. The variety in the types and quantity of food and beverages keeps you moving along from one day to the next.
It is not uncommon to have to do more than one cycle of this diet, depending on your goals. Each week builds upon the previous week, yet stands on its own. Each day of each week has a specific plan, the layout of meals that should be eaten and the choices that are available as well as the suggested snacks. There is cardio exercise built into 5 out of 7 of the days each week, which is a really important habit to build. Maintaining a regular cardio routine will help to increase your metabolism, help with your weight loss and help to improve your overall health.
What makes Shred unique when compared to other diet programs is that Shred not only works to establish healthier eating habits, but also to improve your overall health. It reduces the risk of high blood pressure, decreases the risk of diabetes and improves energy levels. Also, with Shred you eat normal food, which makes it very cost effective. It is simple and easy to understand, and challenging without being too extreme.
Dr. Ian K. Smith is know for his appearances on VH1’s Celebrity Fit Club series, The View, and as a correspondent NBC News. He is also the host of HealthWatch with Dr. Ian Smith, a nationally syndicated daily news feature.
Are you struggling with weight loss? Do you have a New Year’s Resolution to loss weight? SHRED: The Revolutionary Diet—Six Weeks, Four Inches, Two Sizes is the diet to help you lose that excess weight and also form healthy habits to last a lifetime. I am taking the challenge and will keep ypou updated on how it goes. It seems pretty easy to follow, and I hope this will help me shed that last pesky 20 pounds (including the 10 I gained from the Holidays!) Anyone want to join me? You can get the book on Amazon at 1/2 price right now for 14.99 hardcover or 11.99 Kindle edition.