Did you know that you can cross off hunger just by creating delicious meals like Slow Cooker Lasagna Alfredo? This is a recipe I have recently tried after reading the Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan. It is about not only keeping people healthy with what types of food they eat, but also the well-being of the environment and enhancing livelihoods. Our oven is really hot and heats up the whole house. This causes me to have to turn on the air conditioner in the winter because we live in Florida. When we turn on the oven, it is just a downward spiral of wasting energy which is bad on our wallet and the necessary resources being wasted. So I wanted to see what kind of recipes I could come up with by utilizing my much more efficient slow cooker. I mean it is just ridiculous to have to turn on the air conditioner in the middle of winter just to cook a pan of lasagna.
Unilever is committed to Making life better by creating a ten year journey towards sustainable growth. You can follow along their progress on Twitter @makelifebetter and on Facebook at Makinglifebetter. At our home, we recycle so much we have our own blue bin! We re-purpose and purchase re-purposed items for our home and we look for ways to not run our air conditioner while living in the armpit of Florida. We also purchase and use Unilever brands to help make our contribution to their cause. These are the items I just purchased on my last shopping trip.
If you look closely, you can see that we even held off painting our walls until the kids were past their “midnight drawing” stage. I look at it as reusing the wall as a toddler tablet. We used the Bertolli light Alfredo sauce and the Lipton recipe secrets in the recipe below, but there are a ton of awesome products that we use on a daily basis that you can find easily in your grocery store.
I love adding the little things to my recipes like, Lipton Recipe Secrets. You can find a plethora of other products and where they are located in my Google Plus album. It is such a simple way to bring so much flavor to a dish! I add it in the ricotta mixture for a little zest in my Lasagna Alfredo. Here is the recipe below! Enjoy! My family sure did!
- 2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 16 ounce container ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Lipton Recipe Secrets Savory Herb with Garlic
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese blend (12 oz)
- 2 Jar of Bertolli Light Alfredo Sauce – reserve ½ jar to top lasagna
- Oregano for garnish
- Cook sausage over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in onions and Bertolli Light Alfredo Sauce
- Mix cheese, ricotta and Lipton Recipe Secrets Savory Herb with Garlic, set aside
- Spray 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray
- Layer in the following manner, sausage mixture, 4 noodles, broken into pieces to fit, 1-1/2 cup of cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with ¾ cup of the cheese
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours or until noodles are tender
- Spoon out to serve
- Bertolli Light Alfredo Sauce and garnish with oregano
Save your favorite recipes on the web right to your ZipList online recipe box. You can even add ingredients from each recipe to your shopping list and take it all on-the-go to the store with ZipList’s free mobile app. To add a recipe to your list or recipe box, just click the “save recipe” button. Then sign up using your email address, Facebook or Twitter account. You can get the free mobile app for your iphone or android from ziplist.com.
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Unilever #CBias #SocialFabricDo not forget to enter the rest of the current Sweepstakes