When the weather is cold, I usually do a lot of crock pot cooking. I love the convenience of using a crock pot because it takes very little prep and there is less mess to clean up. I typically use my crock pot at least 3 times a week, but have been known to use it 4 or more nights. I usually cook in bulk so we can freeze and eat later in the week. I recently received the 20-Cup Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer from Aroma Housewares and I am crazy about it. I have had it about 6 weeks now and have used it probably 20 or more times. We cooked our Christmas turkey in it and it was literally the best turkey I have ever made. I have made chicken, pork, beef pot roast and a ton of rice and I have not been disappointed. It was a lifesaver during the holidays because it gave me so much more time with my family and friends.
This amazing little appliance is hands down, the best slow cooker and rice cooker I have ever owned. First of all, I do not need two appliances anymore, which is great because I have very little storage space. The inside is roomy, cooking up to 20 cups of rice or a 3 pound roast. The digital settings are a dream and I swear it cooks faster than any crock pot I have used. With the 15 hour delay feature, I can get everything ready the night before and it is set for the morning to cook all day. I love that! Since using the Aroma Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, I feel like I have gotten my family back! We have more time to do the things we love and for that, I am super grateful. And, I get to serve super yummy meals which my family thinks I am a super hero for! You can purchase the cooker from Aroma for $35
One USA reader will win a Aroma Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer $35 by answering the question below in the comment section.
What is your favorite dish to make in your slow cooker?
Here is my Slow Cooker Pork Tacos Recipe. I think you will really enjoy it!
- 2 cups salsa for cooking, reserve remainder for serving
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- kosher salt
- 1 2½-pound boneless pork butt or shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
- Corn or flour tortillas
- • ½ cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- • ¾ cup sour cream
- • 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the salsa, chili powder, oregano, cocoa, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the pork and turn to coat.
- Cook pork covered until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily. Usually this is on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Heat oven to 350° when you have about 15 mins of cooking time left on pork.
- Stack the tortillas and wrap in foil, and bake in oven for about 15 minutes.
- While tortillas are warming, shred the pork and stir the mixture while still in the crock pot. Serve with the tortillas, cilantro, sour cream, lime, and extra salsa.