It may feel like the holiday season is still a fair way off, but the great fashions for the fall and winter season of 2019 are already in stores, and there is certainly no harm in browsing some gorgeous looks and thinking about what you’ll be stepping out in for this year’s holiday parties! Christmas and New Year, in particular, can offer plenty of invitations to get dressed up and wear the most glamorous dresses in your collection, and so they’re always good fun to shop for. If you are looking for some inspiration for looks to try on this holiday season, we have you covered with this list of some beautiful color options to look out for – some classic and festive, some really on-trend!
- Poppy Red: Christmas is a great time if you love red dresses, as the color is a big part of the festive color theme. Red is, of course, also a very sexy color to wear, with psychological connotations of passion and excitement. For some occasions, bold poppy red can feel too strong a look, but for holiday parties you can definitely seek out this warm, spicy shade of red and make it work in a way that is as classy and elegant as it is seductive! If you are considering a new red dress for this Christmas, take a look at the short cocktail dresses by Jovani. Short cocktail dresses are really versatile and perfect for work Christmas parties or drinks with friends around the holidays, and Jovani, a fantastic dress brand that makes gorgeous special occasion wear including everything from sexy party dresses through to elegant ball gowns, is a terrific place to find a red dress to suit your style!
- White: White is usually associated with summer and spring, and there is that old saying that you shouldn’t ever wear it after Labor Day. However, there is an exception when it comes to party dresses, and that is Christmas! A white dress with some pretty crystal details can be a great way to wear a wintry, icy look, and so if you’re a fan of little white dresses in the warmer months, this may be a look you will love for Christmas 2019!
- Teal: Teal is a fashionable color at the moment, and it is one that is both bold and easy to wear. You can choose different tones to suit your complexion, and it can be easily accessorized with silver, or, if you like a really on-trend, high contrast look, try wearing teal with copper-colored accessories. The teal and copper pairing is also a powerful one if you happen to have red hair!
- Violet: Rich, deep shades of violet are gorgeous for winter and can evoke the feeling of jewels and shiny Christmas tree ornaments with its lavish yet fun color. Violet should be equal parts bright and rich and look great in fabrics with a hint of sheen. Violet can be accessorized nicely with white metal jewelry and clear stones, so you’re not adding too much additional color to an already bold color look.
- Black: Of course, black has to be on any list of good dress colors for winter parties! Black is flattering, chic, and about the most versatile things you can wear. However, for Christmas or new year, adding a little extra sparkle is always fun, so look out for black cocktail dresses with some metallic details, beadwork, or even small sequin details, or consider bold, sparkly accessories to make your elegant black dress feel a little more festive! You can also consider using texture to get more out of black. Black dresses with floaty tulle can look pretty and are on-trend this year if you look at midi length styles, and black velvet or lace are always strong options for sexy but tasteful party wear!
- Gold: If you want to really shine at your Christmas parties this year, then gold is always an option. It can work well with most skin tones if you pick the right hue, and it can actually look very refined and beautiful if you choose the right style and avoid looking too 1970s! Gold can either be the color of the fabric itself, or an accent in the form of embroidery, beads or sequins. If you don’t like the strong, eye-catching look of wearing gold, however, a more subtle option that can also be lovely for Christmas parties is a champagne color with a little shimmer or shine to it.
These are some of the color ideas to get you thinking read to pick out the gorgeous new dresses you will be having fun in when the holiday season comes around! Are you looking forward to the 2019 winter party season yet?