Imagine being on an island with your loved ones with white sands and a clear blue surf. Your view is picturesque and the sunsets are breathtaking. The sea oats sway in the breeze and the dolphins swim so close to the beach you can call them to you and they come. You can fish on the dock, swim in the Gulf of Mexico, relax in the spa, explore Florida wildlife and so much more. Doesn’t that sound like a treasured memory in the making?
Every summer, I take my family to a beach in Florida for a few days. It feel it would be a shame to live in a paradise and not take the time to just escape! After a full year of school and the winter left behind, my kids start talking about playing in the waves and building sand castles. On our recent vacation we traveled to Captiva, Florida to visit the South Seas Island Resort. South Seas Island Resort is located fairly close to where I live and I have always wanted to stay there. It always seemed like an unattainable dream because of the “premium resort status.” I figured the price point would be way out of an average family’s income bracket. However, after taking a family of 4 to Disney for a week, I realize South Seas is actually a more reasonable vacation in terms of keeping my wallet fat!
This summer, the 330-acre enclave is inviting guests to experience their lush, tropical grounds, abundant wildlife and of course the 2.5 miles of beach. While I was there I was able to see the Suraya Villa. The Villa was so amazing, I had to do a separate post: Suraya Villa At South Seas Resort which includes a YouTube video of us walking through the home. New posts on this amazing resort will be published throughout the week, so come back!
We stayed in a 3 bedroom, 2 story villa located on the third floor. Our view from the screened in lanai was so amazing, we were compelled to go back out and enjoy it first hand. Check out the Just Escape package offered for this summer!
Just Escape Package includes:
- Minimum (4) night stay in your choice of accommodations including guest rooms, condominiums, cottages and homes
- Fourth Night FREE
- Resort voucher book ($250 value) that can be utilized towards resort & family activities, golf, spa services, dining and shopping
- Kids 12 and under (2 kids per paying adult) enjoy complimentary breakfast daily
Combine your stay with some much-needed play; personalize your summer escape with resort activities, including:
- Southwest Florida’s best offshore fishing right off the South Seas Sunset Beach including redfish, snook, tarpon and grouper
- 2 ½ miles of pristine white-sand beaches and world-class shelling in Captiva and Sanibel as recognized by Travel + Leisure
- Zooming down the thrilling H2Whoa! water slides or relaxing in one of the resort’s 20 swimming pools
- On-site 9-hole golf course recognized by Conde Nast readers as one of the best golf courses in Florida
- Rejuvenating Beauty Inside Out at Kay Casperson Lifestyle Spa and Boutique
- On-site Non-profit Sanibel Sea School kids camp offering experiential sea-based education programs and exploration of the vibrant ecosystems of Captiva Island
- Sunny Island Water Sports rentals such as jet-skis, parasailing, kayaks & paddle-boarding
- Surrounded by nature with over 230 species of birds, including ospreys and pelicans in flight, dolphins in the Gulf and manatees in the resort’s full service marina
- Traverse Captiva with the hotel’s trolley system and bicycle, golf cart and boat rentals
- Captiva Cruises – excursions including Dolphin Watch and Sunset Serenade Cruises
- Six bars and four restaurants including the new Doc Ford’s Captiva Bar & Grille
*Package is based upon availability and excludes tax, gratuity and resort fees. For additional information or to make a reservation, call 800.533.5553 or visit us at www.southseas.com.