Ever since my mom went to Arizona a few years ago, she has been trying to recreate this Southwestern style skillet recipe. It had beans and corn and bacon ~ just a bunch of delicious yumminess. It has taken her many tries and countless hours in the morning to get it right, but now she has perfected it. I, however do not have 3 hours in the morning to make a scrumptious Southwestern breakfast for my family, so opt for the 20 minute version in a bacon cup instead!
- Canned Corn
- Canned Beans
- Diced Cherry Tomatoes
- Cheddar cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Line a muffin pan with the bacon slices and crack an egg in the center of each.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes
- Mix the canned corn, salt, pepper and beans in a skillet and brown until the corn is a little browned.
- Add the tomatoes to the corn & beans mixture
- After the bacon & eggs have cooked top them with the corn and beans mixture and bake for 5 more minutes
One of the ways I save time in creating my meals for my family is by using canned goods. The can is one of the best ways to get food from the farm to your family table. It seals in freshness, flavor and nutrition so I can serve them anytime with confidence.
I am a Canbassador, so you will see at least a post every other month if not more sharing a recipe where I used canned foods. Do you have a favorite recipe that uses canned foods? What #CansGetYouCooking?