This is a guest post from Ellen over at Confessions of an Over-worked mom. Ellen is a busy mom of two teenagers who left the corporate world in 2008 to focus on a more eco-friendly life. She lives in rural Vermont where she juggles family, two blogs and a career in social media. You can find her at Confessions of an Overworked Mom. Spinach and Quiche are two of my favorite foods. I love how Ellen combined them in this delicious all day meal!
Spinach Mushroom and Onion Quiche Recipe
Recipe type: Entree
- Pastry for one 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup red onions, diced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves, wilted
- 4 eggs
- 1¼ cups whole milk
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- non stick spray
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Saute mushrooms and onions in pan with non stick spray.
- Put in bottom of pie crust and sprinkle wilted spinach on top.
- Add the cheese evenly over the top.
- Beat eggs and milk in bowl and pour over the top.
- Place on cookie sheet (to prevent spills) and bake at 425F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300F and bake for 30 more minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Comments are closed.