I don’t know about you, but I always lose my phone. It is either in the couch, the closet, the fridge (yes the fridge) basically wherever I lay it down to pick something up. I have even left it on top of my car and drove around with it. Now, there is a new app called Sprint Total Equipment Protection App for Sprint Total Equipment Protection (TEP) subscribers. It is available for Android, Blackberry and select feature phones. What does that mean you ask?, Well, with this app, you can do basic, necessary, life-changing things like:
1) Locate phone–This is the most important feature to me!
2) Sync contacts–I just had to use this feature in the airport when I deleted all my contacts on my phone and had to resync them to my gmail.
3) Remote wipe phone–Great feature for someone like my mom, who just had her phone stolen by a high school kid in her school. I don’t want him/her calling me!!
4) Lock phone–This way they can’t call me.
5) Sound alarm–That would freak the kid out huh?
You should check out and download the app because current Sprint customers only have till August 30th to add the feature to their existing phone! This is a limited open enrollment. (I am telling my mom!) Check out the You Tube Video
The cost for TEP is $8.00 per month. The Protection App included with TEP (at no extra charge) will help you find your lost phone with an alarm, locate your phone on a map with GPS technology, and remotely lock a missing or stolen phone. It can also wirelessly sync, manage, and restore your contacts.