When I was working in an office in the downtown area, we had a Starbucks around the corner. Almost every morning I would leave the house a little early so I had time to run in and get myself a cup of coffee or a latte. I knew I was spending more than if I were to have a cup of coffee at the office, but their coffee is sooooo good! Another favorite treat I became addicted to was the Starbucks Lemon Loaf. There is nothing like the tartness of the lemon with the sweet cake and glaze on top. Fast forward a million years later and here I am, a work from home mom. I do not get out to the Starbucks anymore, but I still crave that delicious Starbucks Lemon Loaf.
With us being a one income families, we just cannot afford for me to go gallivanting over to the Starbucks at Market Square anytime I want. So, the alternative is to make my own Starbucks Lemon Loaf. When I make a loaf from home, I prefer to use my 12″ rectangular baker from Polmedia Pottery, which is made by Cer-Maz factory in Boleslawiec, Poland. I am a huge fan of the gorgeous Polmedia Polish Pottery and Boleslawiec Stoneware. This baker, with its beautiful cobalt blue and pretty flowers is perfect for my kitchen and sells for just $62.38 on the Polmedia Polish Pottery and Boleslawiec Stoneware website. The stunning Ceramika Bona, is handcrafted by artisans in Poland.
Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe:
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9 × 5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice with a mixer until blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Add oil and lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on rack. Pour glaze over cooled loaf.
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons whole milk
1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract