I love to cook, especially from scratch. However, cooking from the grains up is extremely time consuming. It also isn’t very practical in a house full of 3 boys all clambering for your time, Once I pick up the kids from school, we have homework, baths, teeth need to be brushed, dinner made and everyone to bed by seven. Who has time to cook a meal?
I do! Thank goodness, Pillsbury Crescent Rolls can sure be a time saver. I think time has to be my most valuable resource these days.
I love trying out new exotic homemade dishes, but during the week I appreciate a good short cut. Instead of creating the dough from scratch for the steamed buns, I just used the Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. It was so easy to create this recipe my whole family enjoyed! By using Pillsbury crescents, I was able to cut my cooking time in half! But, did they taste good? YES! The steamed buns were absolutely delicious, and it will be a recipe I make frequently in our house.
After you have made the filling, just put a tablespoon right in the center.
Fold over the edges, making sure to seal as you go. This will ensure the filling stays put while steaming.
When you put the filled crescent rolls in the steamer make sure to keep them separated as they will swell.
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1pound of pre-cooked chicken, shredded
- 4 T Braggs Amino Acids or soy sauce
- 3 T sugar
- 1 T Fish sauce
- 1 T flour
- 1 T water
- 1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Saute garlic and onion in oil until caramelized
- Add in the chicken until thoroughly mixed
- Mix together the remaining ingredients besides the crescent rolls
- Add to the saute mix and bring to low boil
- Simmer for 5 minutes, and let cool in pan
- Unroll the crescent rolls and put a Tablespoon o mixture in each one
- Seal the edges and roll into a crescent
- Steam in a steamer for 15 minutes
- I like to sear the bottom edges in the frying pan I cooked the stuffing in for a few minutes
Want a winning weeknight dinner the family will enjoy, make Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. Get Recipes at www.Pillsbury.com. Compensation was provided by General Mills via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills.