I think I am going to hyperventilate with the thought that we have less than a week before Christmas. Where did the time go? I am usually so on top of my holiday shopping, but this year it just got away from me. I think with Caitlin’s extra after school activities with her being in high school took up more time than I anticipated. I have the big gifts bought and even have them wrapped and under the tree. The only things I have left are the stocking stuffers for the family. I am striving to give as many “green” gifts this year as I can. You know, trying to lessen my carbon footprint and all. Here are my top 5 eco friendly stocking stuffers that will not break the bank:
5 Affordable Eco Friendly Stocking Stuffers
- Bike Chain Bottle Opener: If you know someone who prefers their drinks from a bottle, they will love this clever bottle opener made from recycled bicycle chains.
- Reusable Sandwich Bags: I do not pack Caitlin’s lunch without my reusable sandwich and snack bags. They are bright and colorful and make lunch more fun. And they are planet friendly.
- Reusable Drinking Straw: I love this idea! I cannot count how many straws we used and threw away over the years. Now each kids has one straw and they use it over and over. Very cool!
- Quilted Coffee Cup Cozy: I know the cardboard cozies are a more eco friendly choice, but these are reusable and look so much better! Why not stand out while standing in line at the local coffee shop?
- Beeswax Lip Balm: One of my favorite companies, Beessential, makes the best all natural lip balm. When I say the best, I mean on the entire planet best! It is made with natural ingredients and moisturizing beeswax and make my lips feel and look soft and kissable!
I have been a huge fan of Beessential for a few years now. Last summer, I reviewed a variety of their products in my post, All Natural Beauty Products With Beeswax. I love how soft my hands feel after I use their Foaming Hand Soap (the Peppermint is my favorite) or how my skin feels after using their Lavender & Bergamot Body Wash. Not only are the products made from natural ingredients, they are super affordable. The 5 pack Lip Balm tins I am giving the girls this year are only $10! If you are looking for eco friendly stocking stuffer gifts under $10, Beessential has you covered! You just cannot beat that price for such high quality ingredients.
These lip balms are a unique blend of replenishing Virgin Olive and Coconut Oils added with moisturizing Beeswax, Aloe and Hemp. They come in a variety of flavors like Orange and Ginger, Cinnamon and Clove or Loveble Lemon (my favorite.) I also have been treating myself to their Honey and Botanical Shampoo and All-Natural Honey Hair Conditioner, both of which sell for just $13. They have a super hydrating herbal blend of Honey, Avocado and Virgin Hemp Oils, which are so good for your hair! If you have blah hair, you are going to have luscious locks with, as they say, bee-u-tiful shine. And that is how all the Beessential products make you feel: bee-u-tiful. I know I am doing my planet a disservice every time I buy a product from someone else, so I just do not do it! Stay connected with Beessential and follow them on Twitter and Pinterest. One USA reader will win a Beessential Beauty Prize Pack ARV $50.