This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Sara Lee®, and Hershey’s® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #SweetTreatDessert http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV.
While the weather has cooled for the majority of the country, it is still dreadful hot in Florida.
Ice cream is more often than not the go-to treat in our house, so I have a variety of recipe I like to rotate through on a regular basis.
[quote align=’right’]Receive a FREE 17-24oz Hershey’s® Syrup when you buy any ONE (1) Sara Lee® Frozen Dessert item now thru 10/09/15 while supplies last. [/quote]I do not always have the time or the wherewithal to create completely from scratch, so it is nice to have delicious short cuts so my sweet treats don’t have to be difficult to make! It’s time to indulge in something sweet with Sara Lee® Desserts and Hershey’s® Syrup. You can find Sara Lee® Original Cream Strawberry Cheesecake at your local Publix for $5.99 and Hershey’s® Milk Chocolate Syrup for $2.89. While these are great stand alone items, imagine the flavor explosion when paired together to create something even more delicious such as this Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ Sara Lee® Original Cream Strawberry Cheesecake
- Hershey’s® Milk Chocolate Syrup
- Mix the egg yolks and the sugar together and add to a large sauce pan.
- Mix in the heavy cream and milk over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, but do not allow the mixture to boil. Stirring constantly. This will allow the eggs to cook slowly without curdling.
- Allow the ice cream mix to cool for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Slice the Sara Lee® Original Cream Strawberry Cheesecake into bite size pieces
- Once the ice cream base has cooled add it to your ice cream maker and mix according to the manufacturers directions
- Fold in the Sara Lee® Original Cream Strawberry Cheesecake and ice cream in your container and allow to harden for a few hours in the freezer to desired consistency.