I participated in an Ambassador Activation on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Banana Boat® Sun Care. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.
I am almost never in my family photos. I am usually behind the camera, snapping away at all of the precious moments and memories that happen. Honestly, I am 100% ok with this. One of my favorite things in the entire world is watching my husband, Chris, make memories with Aidan. Aidan might be a mamma’s boy, but there is no denying that he loves his daddy. Daddy is definitely the fun one, especially now that we are expecting our newest addition later this year. Because this is Aidan’s last year as an only child, it is important for Chris to make these special memories with Aidan now. The best part about summertime in Florida is spending time outdoors.
5 Summertime Father And Son Bonding Activities
- Watch A Ball Game- Nothing says summer like baseball and hot dogs. Many cities have a local minor league baseball team that are typically inexpensive to attend. If you can’t make it to a game, watch one on TV.
- Go Fishing– This is a wonderful bonding activity. Fishing is tranquil and long lived. It is the perfect time to talk, share stories and really get to know your son.
- Go To The Beach– The beach is a fun experience for everyone, especially father-son duos. Build sand castles, surf the waves and play in the sand all day long.
- Go For A Walk– The longer days of summer also equate for longer days for your children. Fill in some of those gaps with a long walk with your child. Going on a walk brings the same tranquility and peace that you might find fishing, allowing for open conversation and a chance to get to know your child.
- Play Catch- This is a long time favored activity of many father-son pairings. Catch can be enjoyed by children of all ages. Help develop your son’s coordination and maybe you’ll even see him on the mound one day! This selection of baseball gloves will help get you started.
Looking through all of the pictures of Chris and Aidan makes me all warm and fuzzy. I can’t wait to share a special bond like shopping or mani/pedi’s with our daughter in the future. Not that I don’t absolutely love my son, it’s just different! I’m excited that I am now a Banana Boat® Ambassador, especially because they make a sunscreen especially for men! Now I can watch my boys play outside in the sun and heat and not worry about anyone getting burned! I always make sure my husband has his Banana Boat® Triple Defense Sunscreen for Men. The Banana Boat® Triple Defense Sunscreen for Men is the first Banana Boat® sunscreen designed with men in mind. It was created following a 2012 survey by the The Skin Cancer Foundation that revealed that men over the age of 50 are twice as likely as women to develop skin cancer. This is a scary statistic for me, especially since skin cancer runs in Chris’ family and he spends a ton of time outdoors! I definitely don’t mind having to constantly remind him to slather up! The Triple Defense Sunscreen for Men comes in both lotion and Clean UltraMist®, which makes it easy for him to store in places like his work vehicle and tackle box.
Banana Boat® knows that a great summer means no sunburns and the best summer ever means no sunburns and great prizes! They are teaming up with actress and mother of two, Busy Philipps, to bring moms and their families the tips, tools and fun prizes they need to have the Best Summer Ever!
Be sure to visit their Facebook page before July 31st to sign up to win prizes, including the grand prize family vacation to a Treehouse Resort!
What ways will you bond with your son this summer?