So by now, you know I am on a kick to get healthy. I have made a lot of dramatic changes in my diet to get to a healthier lifestyle. I have made changes to eat as much organic and Non GMO as I possibly can. I have cut out a lot of sugar and white flour, as well as cut out as much gluten as I can. have been looking into clean eating which consists of eating more foods like vegetables, fruits and whole grains, plus healthy proteins and fats. With that comes a whole new world of recipes to try out on my family! I have not always been a fan of hummus, but I have to admit, I have only eaten it a few times. The few varieties I have eaten were more plain, so I decided to look for a recipe with a little more flavor. I came up with a Sun Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe. Now that I have a yummy recipe to try, I needed to find a healthy chip choice to dip into my hummus. That turned out to be the Falafel and Sprouted Multigrain Zatar Chips from Flamous Brands.
If you are looking to eat healthier or just want a great tasting chip, the Flamous’ Organic Original and Spicy Falafel and Zatar® Chips are what yo have been looking for. They are 100% Certified USDA organic, non-GMO, and gluten-free, which are 3 things I have been incorporating into my diet. They are also a great source of protein, fiber, and antioxidants, which means they keep you fuller longer and have super power health benefits. With more than 10 times more antioxidants ounce for ounce than green tea and vegetable juices, I would much rather enjoy these crunchy delights!
Because I am over 50 now, with a product which is low in sodium is really important to me. They also have no added sugar but they have tons of great flavor. My husband has renounced our regular tortilla chips and has embraced the Flamous Brand chips! Be sure to follow Flamous Brands on Twitter, YouTube and Google+. One USA reader will win a variety pack of Flamous Brand chips ARV $20.
In order to have something equally delicious and nutritious to dip into with our Flamous Chips, this Sun Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe is perfect!
Sun Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup finely shredded fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- Place garlic, salt, and lemon juice into a food processor; process until smooth. Pour in the garbanzo beans and ½ cup olive oil; process until smooth again, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. Once smooth, add the sun-dried tomatoes, and pulse until they have been chopped to very small pieces and are incorporated into the hummus. Finally, add the basil, and pulse a few times until mixed in.
- Spread the hummus into a shallow serving dish, and make a few decorative grooves on top. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with paprika before serving.
What is your favorite dip for your chips?