I am a sucker for any reason to throw a party, even if it is just for my fab four at home. Old London has been a part of our family for many years already so it was an easy yes for me to agree to tell my readers just a little more about how I love Old London. My mom used to choose Old London melba toast when we were younger as part of our family’s daily diet. We had all kinds of fun “tea parties” with mini turkey, tuna and shrimp salads on a melba. My mom was always stressing the importance of eating healthy.
Skip forward to right after I had my second son. I gained so much weight and we went on a diet. Guess what I ate every day? Yup! Old London Sesame Melba Toast. I really enjoyed the rosemary and olive oil as well. I would make different types of healthy spreadable choices for my lunches instead of high-carb bread. Now that I am post third child, I have been walking regularly and trying to keep my snacking choices healthy. You would be amazed at the variety of recipes you can create and make with Old London Melba Toast and Snacks and even the bagel chips. The ones I am going to try are Lemon Meringue Tarts and Tiramisu Melba. What a creative way to use Old London products. There is even a recipe for Lasagna. All of the recipes on the site are a cinch to prepare and are nutritious. Below is one I just created inspired by the Old London OPA! Sweepstakes. My family loved it!
Sundried Tomato Tahiniless Hummus Recipe
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ sundried tomatoes
- Chopped Olives
- dill to garnish
- In a food processor, blend the first 5 ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Garnish with chopped olives and dill.
There are a ton of fabulous recipes on the Old London site and their Facebook page. After checking out the recipes, you have to enter the Old London OPA! To A Better You Sweepstakes.
Chelsie Hightower shared a few tips I thought you would be able to institute into your life to help create a more healthier you:
- Go dancing. In Greece, dancing is a large part of any celebration or gathering.
- Reach for healthy snacks.
- Take your workouts outside. This one I can personally attest has helped with me a ton. I enjoy walking around my neighborhood and now I am even meeting new friends I never would have met holed up in my house.
Old London will send one lucky winner and a guest on an all-expense paid trip to the Greek Islands for a first-hand experience of the local culture, food and activities. Say Opa! to a better you by maintaining a healthy, balanced diet and participating in physical activities you love while enjoying the breathtaking views of the Greek Islands!
Grand Prize: 8-day/7-night trip for two to Greece. Enter HERE
- Round trip (coach class) air transportation from a major airport nearest the winner’s home address
- Seven nights (double occupancy) first class hotel accommodations in Athens, Mykonos and Santorini
- $2,000 gift card for spending money
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Old London. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.