I had some left over Mashed Parsnip Sweet Potatoes from my past recipe and I came across a few Pumpkin cracker recipes on the net. I adapted them of course and after a few trials, I bring you Sweet Potato Parsnip Crackers. You can used mashed, boiled sweet potatoes or canned pumpkin in place of the Mashed Parsnip Potatoes.
I dust with cornmeal instead of flour because it falls off easier without adding the extra calories. Silly I know, but every calorie when you are on a diet counts. I use a silicone baking mat on my counter to keep the dough from sticking and for easy clean up. I seasoned the tops with either brown sugar and cinnamon for a sweeter cracker. Then for the savory crackers, I used sea salt and sesame seeds or rosemary and seasoned salt. They came out delish, and I had to send the bag of crackers of to my moms before I ate them all!
- 2 cups of [Mashed Parsnip Sweet Potatoes](http://makobiscribe.com/parsnip-sweet-potatoes-recipe-is-a-perfect-thanksgiving-side-dish/)
- 3 cups wholewheat flour
- 4 T baking powder
- 3 T Country Crock Honey Spread
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ground paprika, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, seasoned salt, sea salt, crushed garlic, dill, rosemary, etc to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix the buttermilk with the [Mashed Parsnip Sweet Potatoes](http://makobiscribe.com/parsnip-sweet-potatoes-recipe-is-a-perfect-thanksgiving-side-dish/)
- In a food processor, add flour, baking powder, salt, honey spread. Pulse 20 times or until mealy.
- Add [Mashed Parsnip Sweet Potatoes](http://makobiscribe.com/parsnip-sweet-potatoes-recipe-is-a-perfect-thanksgiving-side-dish/) slowly into flour mixture until it forms a dough.
- Knead dough.
- Divide into 4 parts and roll out very thin. (The thinner the dough, the less time you have to bake)
- Sprinkle with garnishes. I roll mine one more time to ensure the seeds stick to the crackers.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. on an ungreased cookie sheet for 15 – 20 minutes (depending on the thickness) or until bottoms are slightly browned.
- Turn over and bake 3-4 minutes more.
- Let crackers cool before storing in an airtight container.
Save your favorite recipes on the web right to your ZipList online recipe box. You can even add ingredients from each recipe to your shopping list and take it all on-the-go to the store with ZipList’s free mobile app. To add a recipe to your list or recipe box, just click the “save recipe” button. Then sign up using your email address, Facebook or Twitter account. You can get the free mobile app for your iphone or android from ziplist.com.