Sweet Potato Spiced Whoopie Pie Recipe
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspooon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 T Country Crock Honey Butter
- ¼ brown sugar
- ¼ granulated sugar
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ½ cup mashed sweet potatoes
- ½ cup almond milk
- 8 oz package of Neufretchel cream cheese
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 2 T Honey Butter
- Spray Whoopie pie with non stick spray
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, nutmeg and cloves.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add egg whites slowly.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sweet potato and almond milk, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Add batter to pan filling ½ way spreading to all of the edges.
- Bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees
- Beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla together until well combined.
- To assemble spread filling on one cake and sandwich with another.
- Decorate with sugar sprinkles.
Save your favorite recipes on the web right to your ZipList online recipe box. You can even add ingredients from each recipe to your shopping list and take it all on-the-go to the store with ZipList’s free mobile app. To add a recipe to yourlist or recipe box, just click the “save recipe” button. Then sign up using your email address, Facebook or Twitter account.