Country Crock’s Holiday Cookie Exchange offers everything you need to know for hosting a fun and festive cookie exchange party. From printable invitations cards, to recipe ideas and cookie tags – with their guide, your party is sure to be a success! One of the recipes on the recipe cards they sent me can be found on the Country Crock recipe site: Orange Pecan Biscotti and you can download it here. You can enter the sweepstakes to win a Country Crock cookie package which includes a Premium rolling pin, 30-piece cookie cutter set, and 3 full value Country Crock spread coupons so you can have your own Cookie Exchange. Enter on the giveaway tools form below.
I adapted the recipe a bit and came up with Tangerine Walnut Biscotti. You can find the recipe below. I changed the obvious of the tangerine and the walnut, but I also used whole wheat flour and the crunchy big demerara sugar!
- 2¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ t baking powder
- ½ t salt
- ¼ t baking soda
- ½ c Country Crock® Spread
- 1 c demera sugar
- 1½ t grated tangerine peel
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 c chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Country Crock® Spread, sugar and tangerine peel (I do this by hand cause I like the exercise)
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Divide dough in half.
- Shape dough into two flat logs, about 12 x 2-inches each on lightly floured surface.
- Arrange on ungreased baking sheet, 3 inches apart.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Carefully remove to wire rack, cool 15 minutes.
- Cut logs crosswise on diagonal into ½-inch slices on cutting board.
- Arrange cookie sticks cut-side down on baking sheet.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes, turning once.
- Remove to wire rack, cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
Stay tuned for another giveaway coming up from Country Crock! Follow the Country Crock’s channels to learn more at the Country Crock Facebook page, @CountryCrock on Twitter and at the Country Crock Pinterest page.