When I was growing up the importance of drinking water was not heavily emphasized. I do not really think it was my parents being intentionally negligent, I just do not think there was as much information available as there is now. As an adult and now a parent I have grown up in a time that is full of information and public education. Drinking water is healthy for you and your family.
Benefits Of Drinking Water
There are many benefits of drinking water, which is my I feel it is so important in regards to keeping my family and me healthy. Here are some of the many reasons why I am a huge advocate of drinking a lot of water:
- We are made mostly out of water, 60 – 70% to be more exact. It only makes sense that we need to drink water to keep our bodies running properly.
- Lack of water can cause fatigue. If you are not drinking enough water, you will probably feel tired all day.
- Drinking water is important to digestion. If you are dehydrated, you will not be able to break down food properly which may lead to constipation and abdominal pain.
- Water helps your blood circulate better which leads to higher oxygen levels in your blood and, in turn, gives you more energy and burns more fat.
- Drinking water helps flush toxins out of your body. Your kidneys act as a filter in your body and without enough water, they are unable to function properly to get rid of the harmful toxins from the digestive tract.
- Drinking water helps burn fat in a couple different ways. First, without enough water your body slows down in its protein synthesis. This is the muscle building function in your body. Drinking water will help you build muscle and lose fat, but you need to be full hydrated to do so. Also, it is easy to confuse thirst with hunger, which can lead to overeating.
All of these reasons are why I have always stressed the importance of drinking water with my children. I have done this by not allowing them to drink soda and they drink very little juice. If they do drink juice, it is only offered in the morning with breakfast. They have all had their own water bottles since the time they could hold one. Although we have a water dispenser on our refrigerator, we have always kept their individual water bottles in the refrigerator for them. This allows for easy access not only throughout the day, but on the go. That is why we use the Brita Filter for kids. Since I have always been an advocate of drinking water, it is always the beverage of choice for my children as well. Did you drink your 8 – 10 glasses of water today?
The Brita Bottle for kids is a 13 oz. squeezable and reusable bottle with a built-in filter that provides an affordable, fun and convenient solution for kids to drink great-tasting water on the go.
Available in three bright colors and a kid-friendly size, the Brita Bottle for Kids is BPA free and dishwasher safe. The Brita Bottle for Kids makes drinking water fun for kids and is a convenient way to parents to keep their kids hydrated while on the go.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Brita. The opinions and text are all mine.
Twitter Party Alert
- When: Wednesday, October 24 at 6:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM EST
- Where: On Twitter, hashtag #Brita4Kids
- RSVP: Sits Girls